Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2007, 12:32 AM

Default Re: 4/180 Challenge Tonight at 8:00 PM EST

GG to everyone!

Sherman....thanks a ton for running the challenge!!
Old 06-06-2007, 07:36 AM

good job sharp
Old 06-06-2007, 10:58 AM

shhhhh; my way sounds more impressive...... anyway, you were really pwning your game. I'd love to see your HH. You were raising just about every hand, and I certainly saw a ton of big pairs on the ones you got called.

i still can't figure out how i got HU in mine. Never really got in a grove. Seemed like i was playing short stacked the whole time.

i really enjoyed the battle. it was awesome to have both FT's going at the same time.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
shhhhh; my way sounds more impressive...... anyway, you were really pwning your game. I'd love to see your HH. You were raising just about every hand, and I certainly saw a ton of big pairs on the ones you got called.

i still can't figure out how i got HU in mine. Never really got in a grove. Seemed like i was playing short stacked the whole time.

i really enjoyed the battle. it was awesome to have both FT's going at the same time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll gladly send you the HH (later tonight when I get home). You will see that I pretty much just abused the hell out of everyone on the bubbles and once we got short handed. I had to win the tourney, so there was no point in playing any other way. My tables were full of a bunch of nits who were trying to last as long as possible, so I simply blinded them all away and stole from them relentlessly. I was lucky to be chip leader before the bubble, so I had a nice big stack to throw around. And, I got good cards in key spots...basically just ran really well.

I just took what they gave me. There were very few players who adjusted at all to the fact that I was raising almost every hand. A few people made comments, but they didn't really play back at me. There were a couple players I was careful with, as they seemed to fight back a little. But, overall, they never realized that if I put them allin when they played back at me....I have it. I'm not an idiot. It's very easy to fold garbage when some guy finally plays back at you, and then just steal back what you lost on the next hand.

It's not usually so easy to run a table over. But, the key is to keep in mind what other people are thinking about what you're doing and play the situations that occur. If you do it right, it's very easy to get your big hands paid off if you run well.

If you noticed, I started limping in my SB once we got 3 handed, because the guy in the BB was finally starting to wisen up and play back at my attempts to steal his blind. So, to throw him off, I would just limp, and then steal the pot on the flop or turn. By the time he figured this out, I flopped bottom 2 pair with 56s and busted his top pair.

And, yes, it was an exciting finish with both of us being at FTs and needing to win in order to win the challenge.