Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-24-2007, 10:29 PM

Default Re: this is your war on drugs

[ QUOTE ]
I guess what you're saying is that anyone should be able to get any kind of drug/medication anytime they want at anytime.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[ QUOTE ]
BTW my wife had breast cancer in the late nineties and I was forced to break the law in obtaining pot to get her through chemo.

[/ QUOTE ]

^^^ And this is why.

[ QUOTE ]
Haven't heard anything about what his doctor in NJ said. Haven't heard anything about what doctors in Florida said. Haven't heard or read anything about what came out at the trial. Sorry but I think this is a one sided report so I'm reserving judgement. But it sounds to me like this probably an unremarkable story most likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the doctors think is irrelevant. They don't own the man's body. I was reading something recently that compared doctors to lawyers. Lawyers, while they deal with incredbly important issues (sometimes even involving life and death), they only play an advisory role. Clients always have the freedom to proceed against their lawyers' wishes or without consulting a lawyer at all. Doctors, however, take a parental role, with the power to deny a specific course of action to one of their patients. Why should this be the case? Why shouldn't someone be allowed to go against his doctor's advice and take such-and-such medication?