View Poll Results: OP's Buddy is a
Wimp 37 36.27%
Moran 40 39.22%
Jerk 25 24.51%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-26-2007, 02:35 AM

Default Re: The Official NBA Regular Season 07-08 Thread

Bobbo,

You nuts? "AINEC"? Whether he's the best or not is debatable, and if he is, it's certainly close. Maybe it won't be in a couple years, but he hasn't reached it yet.

And the rest of the team is just awful while the East has improved. Lebron will be great. They'll play good D. 50 wouldn't shock me, but anything more than that and I'd be surprised.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:45 AM

dirk is fine. that series wasn't even his fault. the whole thing was just stupid and pathetic. GS was a lucky lucky lucky lucky team and the mavs had everything locked up for 2 weeks and were on complete cruise control, and they never got off of it.

I just hope when we have 70 wins with 12 games left we don't pull the same stunt. Just keep playing the starters, playing them hard, and playing to win. Trying to "flip the switch" only works if Stern has it rigged for you.

Mavs are the best team in the nba and they will either win the championship, do something retarded and lose in some horribly depressing way, or get gayed by the officials.

Cuban looked good on dancing with the stars, so that's a start.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bobbo,

You nuts? "AINEC"? Whether he's the best or not is debatable, and if he is, it's certainly close. Maybe it won't be in a couple years, but he hasn't reached it yet.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd rather have LBJ then any other player in the nba on my team for 1 season. (And for the future, of course)
[ QUOTE ]

And the rest of the team is just awful while the East has improved. Lebron will be great. They'll play good D. 50 wouldn't shock me, but anything more than that and I'd be surprised.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree about the rest of the team, the improvements in the east, etc.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:11 AM

that's a pretty wack assessment. Though Dirk certainly didn't play awfully, he performed well below his season standard.

The main problem, though, was coaching, IMO (and of course, the Warriors running sick hot and the Oracle being insane). The Warriors basically said "[censored] your middle high post bs" and attacked whoever received it up there, usually Dirk. The Mavs were so flustered.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:31 AM

NBA?
Old 09-26-2007, 03:31 AM

Is it a bad thing that I am not even a little bit excited about this NBA season after my team went to the Finals last year?
Old 09-26-2007, 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

that's a pretty wack assessment. Though Dirk certainly didn't play awfully, he performed well below his season standard.

The main problem, though, was coaching, IMO (and of course, the Warriors running sick hot and the Oracle being insane). The Warriors basically said "[censored] your middle high post bs" and attacked whoever received it up there, usually Dirk. The Mavs were so flustered.

[/ QUOTE ]

the jazz raped them like the punks they were. They were not a very good team. They had a scheme that the mavs didn't exploit. The mavs weren't flustered, they were playing at about %75 just like they had been for a month. I was worried about it going into the playoffs. They were on complete cruise control. If anything their attitude was "it will come around, we won 67 games."

anyway, my point about dirk was that he didn't play well, but he wasn't the Main problem in that series. The main problem was everything......period. They have won plenty of playoff series with him playing like that. Dirk was the mvp and the star so he will get the criticism, but that series had a lot more to do with the warriors not missing a shot, bad coaching adjustments, and a lack of hunger from the mavs, who seemed to think a title was owed to them last year. (which it probably should have been btw.)
Old 09-26-2007, 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it a bad thing that I am not even a little bit excited about this NBA season after my team went to the Finals last year?

[/ QUOTE ]

i know you are talking about the cavs, but it would be funnier and make just as much sense if you meant the spurs b/c they are one of the gayest and most boring teams ever.

Also, i feel so sorry for you. I have never seen a coach know less about basketball than mike brown. He is the type of guy who will call off his defense and let the other team dribble out the clock when down by 1 point. (this has almost actually happened.)
Old 09-26-2007, 03:53 AM

Gooooooooooooo Kobe/best player in the league!
Old 09-26-2007, 07:29 AM

Any good new white guys this year?