Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2007, 02:09 AM

Default Re: \"Jesus\" advises Yang to stiff dealers?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Of course, pig ignorant dealers will continue to whine and complain that they don't get enough.

If they don't disclose that the dealers receive a suitably large cut, there should be lawsuits. God I hate tip hustling dealers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe dealers at the WSOP get that great a deal. I think my math must be wrong. Management skims off 30% of their 1.8%, and doesn't treat them very well. And remember, this is a tough, part-time gig that dealers used to travel in for (do they still?). And if I remember rightly from last year, they aren't even allowed to smoke pot in the parking lot!

But I agree it's pretty scummy if these guys were getting $60 an hour and management tried hustle even more tips out of cashing players without telling them this.

I wish someone who actually played the events and knows the real story would chime in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if the dealer pay structure is much different for the WPT than the WSOP, but a guy that's dealt WPT told me they make some nice coin. Somewhat better than dealing cash games for the same time period.