Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2006, 05:58 PM

Default dipo?

Limit: $5/$10
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) econ_tim is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">econ_tim raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (10SB, 5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, econ_tim calls, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises</font>, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls, econ_tim calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (8BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, econ_tim calls.

This call isn't tough, but how small can the pot get before you would fold? SB is pretty agressive and will bet almost all rivers. UTG is rather passive, so I think his flop bet is likely a pair rather than a draw. I expect SB to pay off with almost any made hand, but UTG might be able to fold bad second pairs.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:27 AM

Default Re: dipo?

The pot couldn't be much smaller for me on the turn since your top-pair outs are hard to trust and the K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (and to some extent the K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] as well) can't be entirely trusted either, although I would be glad to see it.
Old 07-21-2006, 03:43 AM

Why not raise the flop planning to take a free turn if it's still multiway?
Old 07-21-2006, 04:53 AM

Broom:

* There's a good chance the free card play will fail to a flop 3bet or turn donk since he's playing $5/$10 shorthanded online

* He has little chance to win UI, so

* He enjoys the additional overlay from the idiots calling off a flop bet with two undercards

I agree with Nick, I don't think the turn is an "easy" call.