Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2006, 09:51 PM

Default Ladies in the water

Just to my left is a loose passive who usually only folds on the river no matter what happens. This time was the exception

CO is 48/6/2 loose passive preflop and agressive af
Btn is 49/18/2.5 Lag all the way

I thought about c/ring the flop [my first post said turn by mistake]

Ultimate Bet 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (15.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds, CO folds.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB

Thanks, argh57 for the posting tip
Old 07-31-2006, 09:59 PM

Default Re: Ladies in the water

Just a tip on the HH thing. There's a little pulldown tab where it says format. Highlight "2+2" and it will come out O.K.

As far as the hand, I'm calling just because the pot's so large. I think you may win one in 16 times against a LAG. I don't see what c/ring the turn does. If you're behind your outs are tainted and if you're ahead CO will almost surely fold and button may even fold. I think you played it fine.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:09 PM

Thanks for the tip aargh57,

I meant that I thought about c/ring the flop. I said turn my mistake.

On the river, the pot is really too large to fold, but I just can't see my queens be good one in 20. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:13 PM

I think you just got coolered. Seems like the play is standard. I would call the river only because the guy is a LAG and you can't take him off AJ b/c of the flop cap. I know you aren't closing the action, but you are getting such a great price.

Aces?
Old 07-31-2006, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would call the river only because the guy is a LAG and you can't take him off AJ b/c of the flop cap

[/ QUOTE ]

Shouldn't this be an argument for folding?
Old 07-31-2006, 10:29 PM

It would only be an argument for folding if I had accurately read your post.

Yeah, I just don't see a single hand in the deck you are ahead of. nh.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'm calling here because he may be bluffing. Say LAG has something like A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Now when you bet the flop and he's got a bdfd + overcard a raise for him may be par for the course. When you check the turn and a scary card falls a LAG may keep betting hoping he'll get everyone to fold. Ditto the river. Now granted, he probably does have the J, K, or flush but I think he it's plausable he doesn't (at least 1 in 16 plausible). Other possible hands he may play this way could be A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] with a 5 or 3 offsuit, 99,TT, KQ. You're probably beat, but I'm still calling.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'm calling here because he may be bluffing. Say LAG has something like A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Now when you bet the flop and he's got a bdfd + overcard a raise for him may be par for the course. When you check the turn and a scary card falls a LAG may keep betting hoping he'll get everyone to fold. Ditto the river. Now granted, he probably does have the J, K, or flush but I think he it's plausable he doesn't (at least 1 in 16 plausible). Other possible hands he may play this way could be A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] with a 5 or 3 offsuit, 99,TT, KQ. You're probably beat, but I'm still calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

This all makes very much sense. Thx. However, because a third player was present, I figured that it's much less likely that btn is betting with an inferior hand. Heads up, I would call this in a heartbeat getting 16:1 even when I beleive I'm probably beat.

I folded and the the other guy folded too. Your senario makes sense, but I don't see any other senario.

Thanks for the feedback guys
Old 08-01-2006, 08:00 AM

I call the river too. Although it is really hard to put LAG on hands we beat I am sure this guy is crazy enough to get out of line with crap often enough to make a call EV+ getting 16-1.