Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2006, 11:47 PM

Default Hand vs Maniac

Villian is a 66/32 1.9, who has been going back and forth with me and getting the best of me with rags, that hit a miracle on the river. So I may be somewhat tilty, but I am absolutely ready to get involved with this guy, especially with decent holdings.

PokerRoom 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (15.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 15.75 BB
Old 07-20-2006, 11:51 PM

Default Re: Hand vs Maniac

i'd check/call flop with the intention of showing down. after the turn I'd check/raise/cap and call down. after your flop play you played it fine
Old 07-20-2006, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villian is a 66/32 1.9

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats wrong with that? Looks standard.

I think your line here is pretty good against someone with horrendous numbers like this. Plus his river checkthrough is magnificent. A thing of beauty.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'd check/call flop with the intention of showing down. after the turn I'd check/raise/cap and call down. after your flop play you played it fine

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree with this.

Some of these LAGs are smart and they get away from total cheese-hands quickly if you push hard. Let him bet into you on the flop and turn with his junk.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:53 AM

Results

He had 9 7 offsuit and got the bottom end of the str8.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Results

He had 9 7 offsuit and got the bottom end of the str8.

[/ QUOTE ]

i [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] pokah
Old 07-22-2006, 02:22 AM

this reminds me of a bicyclekick hand (but there the consensus shifted toward slowing down on the turn because AQ top pair is behind so many hands + vulnerable to so many others that it's ahead of). are villain's stats good enough to warrant the turn cap? do you check the river planning to call or raise (i'm assuming fold is not an option in a pot of this size)?

pretty nasty/expensive free-card play to make that bottom end, though...

shoe