Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 02:56 PM

Default 15/30 Razz: Am I nitty?

I'm playing villain on 2 tables and he makes light calls in pots I 3bet (like being paired in the hole and having a higher card than mine showing) and makes light call downs. I just don't know what I beat that'll call a raise on last street. Is this insta-raise-cap? Kind of new to razz. Thanks.

Razz (15/30), Ante 3, Bring-In 5 (converter)

Hero: 700.50
Seat 2: 380.50

3rd Street - (0.40 SB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___completes___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___raises

4th Street - (4.40 SB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (3.20 BB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (5.20 BB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

River - (7.20 BB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___bets

Total pot: (9.20 BB - 276)
Old 10-10-2007, 03:07 PM

Default Re: 15/30 Razz: Am I nitty?

I've only played Razz heads up at $2/4 and 3/6 but there I would be raising every street
Old 10-10-2007, 03:13 PM

Especially heads-up I like not re-raising on Third. It makes hero's hand look more vulnerable than it is, allowing hero to c/r or bet/3-bet on big bet streets. In any case, I'd try to get more bets in there on Six and the river.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:59 PM

I definitely raise 6th and raise 7th. You'd have to be pretty unlucky to be beat here. It's most likely he has no better than a 7.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Especially heads-up I like not re-raising on Third. It makes hero's hand look more vulnerable than it is, allowing hero to c/r or bet/3-bet on big bet streets. In any case, I'd try to get more bets in there on Six and the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Right on the money. What you want to remember is that, while you have a great starting hand, if he started with a 3-card 8 or better (which he's likely to have given the action) then you were only a small favorite on 3rd but a monster from 5-7th. That's where you take him to valuetown.

BTW, welcome to the wonderful world of razz, Jim. HU against laggy players who call a reraise light (note: technically it's not a 3-bet since he completed the first bet) will be swingy so keep an eye on your BR at these limits.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:15 PM

technically it's not a re-raise, just a raise [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. Capping just about everywhere is normal in this hand. 3rd/4th are fine to play slow though.

Mash that bet button.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:50 PM

Please get a bunch of bets into the pot on every street.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
technically it's not a re-raise, just a raise [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. Capping just about everywhere is normal in this hand. 3rd/4th are fine to play slow though.

Mash that bet button.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, been playing on Stars too much (where they call a completion a raise). My bad.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:48 AM

If this is all the gamble you have in you, you might pursue something other than heads-up poker. I like the flat-call on third, but get more money in there, especially on sixth and seventh.