Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2007, 01:59 PM

Default People who buy bottled water are fish at life.

This has been a pet peeve of mine for a while, but today I was reading this editorial and I was reminded at how utterly ridiculous it is to pay $1/bottle or whatever for bottled water. The reason why is because there is no legitimate difference between bottled water and tap water. All that advertising you have been fed about water that comes from natural springs or various treatment processes have zero effect on the health or in most cases the taste. Even in areas using groundwater that sometimes have a funny taste, I'd think you would get used to it.

You guys have no idea of the extreme quality control that goes into tap water. They have boil orders on the local news when there is even an outside chance of germs or contaminants in tap water. The bottled water companies agree and when they bother to get their own sources, they use the same processes. Sometimes they don't even bother and they put municipal tap water in a bottle and mark it up 1000%. Jesus people, stop wasting your money and find a drinking fountain.

John Stossel expose