Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 03:44 PM

Default Re: Ron Paul fans being censored on some conservative sites.

Your pic is Frank Zappa? no?
Old 11-20-2007, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I dont believe it. I KNOW IT. There are plenty extremely anti-semitic people who have Jewish heroes and friends. I KNOW some and I KNOW of plenty.

Your logic is that if someone has Jewish heroes than he is not anti-semitic. Thus if someone has a hero who is ANTI-Jewish then they are surely an anti-semite if its believed one must share the same characterstics of ones heroes. Thus anyone who reads Shakespeare (an anti-semite) is an anti-semite. DUCY? ~ no because your reasoning was stupid and doesn't make sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Borodog didn't say that one must share the same characteristics as their heroes. He didn't say Ron Paul was Jewish. He said having Jewish heroes makes Ron Paul less likely to be anti-Jewish people.

zaster, your logic is frequently beyond awful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your logic is awful here. I was not giving logic: I was criticizing logic, therefore being dramatic and over-exaggerating to prove a point.

I find the tired logic 'my friends are Jewish I can't be an anti-semite' abhorrent and deserving of ridicule. Im sorry.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your pic is Frank Zappa? no?

[/ QUOTE ]

My pic is the late great Jim Croce.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:55 PM

seperated at birth?
[image]http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B000025YAY.02.LZZZZZZZ[/image]
Old 11-20-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I dont believe it. I KNOW IT. There are plenty extremely anti-semitic people who have Jewish heroes and friends. I KNOW some and I KNOW of plenty.

Your logic is that if someone has Jewish heroes than he is not anti-semitic. Thus if someone has a hero who is ANTI-Jewish then they are surely an anti-semite if its believed one must share the same characterstics of ones heroes. Thus anyone who reads Shakespeare (an anti-semite) is an anti-semite. DUCY? ~ no because your reasoning was stupid and doesn't make sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Borodog didn't say that one must share the same characteristics as their heroes. He didn't say Ron Paul was Jewish. He said having Jewish heroes makes Ron Paul less likely to be anti-Jewish people.

zaster, your logic is frequently beyond awful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your logic is awful here. I was not giving logic: I was completely misconstruing Borodog's argument, therefore mischaracterizing it to prove a point.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

[ QUOTE ]

I find the tired logic 'my friends are Jewish I can't be an anti-semite' abhorrent and deserving of ridicule. Im sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I find the tired claim that having friends of X persuasion is somehow NOT an indicator that person Y is less likely to be "anti-X", and in fact is somehow supposed to be prima facie evidence that the person REALLY IS anti-X to be laughable.

Perhaps you should PM Sklansky for clarification.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And SOOOOOOOOOO ... by this same pretzel logic.

Simply because some one has friends that are anti-semitic / racist. I doesn't make them an anti-semite / racist

Either way its "logical" that DR Paul is not an anti-semite
Old 11-20-2007, 04:03 PM

whhat does slansky say on this?
Old 11-20-2007, 04:05 PM

Leave Bayes theorem in SMP where it belongs.

This forum is for baseless allegations about people you disagree with, and grossly illogical attempts to maintain your beliefs.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
whhat does slansky say on this?

[/ QUOTE ]

he says you should go

here
Occam's Razor

and here
Bayes' Theorem
Old 11-20-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And SOOOOOOOOOO ... by this same pretzel logic.

Simply because some one has friends that are anti-semitic / racist. I doesn't make them an anti-semite / racist

Either way its "logical" that DR Paul is not an anti-semite

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm. I believe you are trying to critique me but are in fact making a remark on Borodogs flawed logic.

And it is correct that having racist/anti-semitic friends does not make you racist. Most of my friends at school were racist. I am positively not.