Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 05:55 PM

Default Re: calling shortstack pushes with crap

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fold both imo

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense, but it isn't about opinions. It's about math. You could give an opinion on hand ranges. You could also give on opinion on the difficulty of the decison. But there is no sense in giving an opinion as an answer to a question that can be answered by fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said. How can you fold if it is a +ev play? The whole point is to get the money in when you are +ev...so why would you fold this one?
Old 11-21-2007, 06:27 PM

first arguable.... i'd instacall w/ 97 or 98 suited ... and there's nothing finer than a 69er.... but not 3 gappers. you have to pretty much hit gin and even then u're vulnerable to redraws. that's just too thin. keep him short. if he's read harrington his min push is 10 8... but i have seen worse suckouts to my AA push before... so i can't fault your "doesn't hurt me" reasoning. also, it falls under the 10:1 rule.... 10% of your stack to call him all in. forget that you have 2400 in blind, defend if u're going w/ that reasoning.

2nd one is easy to dump.... u're not even suited so you don't have the extra equity of a flush draw to make your hand like inherently 30% better. do not double down!!! u're playing holdem not blackjack. either kicker is losing to anything he might push. 9 10, A2, 10 J....etc.

those other guys nailed it on the head but i thought i'd figure out a funnier way to say it.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:46 PM

you were wrong