Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit

Old 11-11-2006, 09:21 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods 10/20 Thursday night, QQ in SB

The rate at which people bet at Foxwoods has to be about 35-50% of any other normal cardroom. On the flipside, the rate at which people call at Foxwoods is about 75% higher than any other cardroom. Thus...
Old 11-11-2006, 09:45 PM

So anyway, it checked around and

Turn: Jd [5bbs]

Hero bets, 1 fold, MP raises, LP folds, Hero???
Old 11-11-2006, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd 3 bet. All he's done so far is tell you that your AK is no good. You have to inform him you don't have AK, and he'll oblige by paying off anyway.
Old 11-12-2006, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd 3 bet. All he's done so far is tell you that your AK is no good. You have to inform him you don't have AK, and he'll oblige by paying off anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-12-2006, 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In these games i feel fine betting and three betting the flop and playing aggresively afterwards. I do not like your check

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-12-2006, 04:24 AM

I advocated betting the flop as I earlier said. Many disagreed and qouted Sklanksly in their opposition to my opinion. Like I thought the flop ended up being checked around. ( I have significant experience in this game). I would not have gotten myself involved in turn action as described and dislike the line taken by mtterry. Why wait until a bad turn card comes to get the bets in? Given the line taken I might fold to the turn raise given I do not want to pay off 2 BB after playing the hand horribly.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:36 AM

Regarding HowManys post this is simply ridiculous. A case for calling down can be made but 3 betting the turn in this game is suicidal. you have checked a flop when you are clearly ahead and why would you put in an excess amount of action on the turn when you have given a free card. Even though Foxwoods players are dumb they might check a flop with top pair given that you raised out a blind but are not dumb enough not to 3Bet with trips on the turn. 3Betting the turn seems to be the worst option for me with calling down not seeming too bad and folding not being so bad either. Also those posting for game specific hands should respect those with experience in these games.

Thanks
Old 11-12-2006, 04:49 AM

After much tought about this hand although I disagree with the flop action given what you did, you MUST call the turn in this spot. If you fold here you risk people taking shots at you with any pair or draw. I still don't like the way this hand played out, but would be willing to call down here.
Old 11-12-2006, 01:22 PM

So I decided to call down at this point.

River[9 BBs] Ac
I check, Villain Bets. I call.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:43 PM

I'd bet the flop here. There really is no way to protect your hand on the flop. If you go for a check/raise you definitely won't protect your hand if either no one bets or the player on your left bets.

If the player in MP bets, that doesn't do you a whole lot of good either because the only person a check/raise will potentially squeeze out is the EP player. Furthermore, the only hands a check/raise will likely drive EP out with are hands like gutshots, middle pair or bottom pair. And you're not even guaranteed to drive him out if he holds one of these hands if lp player calls MPs bet. Then the pot is so big that EP may very well call and not make a huge mistake in doing so. Also, the fact that you hold two Qs makes it less likely that your opponents will be holding gutshots.

The only way you can protect your hand with a flop check/raise is if LP bets, or if MP bets & LP folds & EP has a hand he'd call one bet with but not two.

All this adds up to a very long way of saying that it is better to just bet the flop.