Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2007, 07:09 PM

Default Razz Limp gets sexy

Yes, Virginia, this is how they play at $15-30.

With my hand to start, I think limping late and folding are the only real options. If they're going to let me see Fourth with this crap, I ought to oblige them.

I think I only stand a chance if I can thin the field on Five, and betting won't do it with everybody catching good, so I check, hoping to check-raise. Mercy, I get that opportunity, so I take it.

Catching perfect on the end, I have to bet and hope I get called by somebody, right? Can I call a raise from seat 3, or do I just let this huge pot go? If he made anything at all, it's at least an Eight-Six, right?

Razz ($15/$30), Ante $3, Bring-In $5 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ___calls
Seat 3: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ___folds
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ___calls
Seat 6: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ___calls
Seat 7: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ___brings-in
Seat 8: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ___folds

4th Street - (3.27 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ___calls
Seat 3: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ___calls
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ___bets
Seat 6: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ___calls
Seat 7: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ___folds

5th Street - (3.63 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ___checks ___folds
Seat 3: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ___bets ___calls
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ___checks ___raises
Seat 6: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ___checks ___calls

6th Street - (9.63 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ___calls
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ___bets
Seat 6: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ___calls

River - (12.63 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx ___
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ___bets
Seat 6: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx ___
Old 09-01-2007, 10:30 PM

Default Re: Razz Limp gets sexy

wow... 5th street is tough. This thread had better have 3+ pages of discussion!

PS: 3rd is perfect.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:47 PM

I think you have to bet 7th and hope someone FOLDS a 96, or maybe even a really rough 876.

Love every street but 3rd. I don't think I play 873 with an A245 out.

EDIT: How in the world did Seat 6 call on 5th or esp. 6th? You've certainly played this like you have a 76 at worst on 6th.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Love every street but 3rd. I don't think I play 873 with an A245 out.

[/ QUOTE ]
I could never play this for a full bet, but limped, I'm getting about 2300:1, there's a Ten behind me, so I'll never get raised, and I have a backdoor A3 draw. I'm ambivalent about the hand, but this situation indicates that my opponents are making big mistakes, so I'm going to take a card off.

This sort of hand is why limping first-in is so bad in this game. When they let me in, I'm going to have a shot at their money.

[ QUOTE ]
EDIT: How in the world did Seat 6 call on 5th or esp. 6th? You've certainly played this like you have a 76 at worst on 6th.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, Virginia, this is how they play the $15-$30.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you have to bet 7th and hope someone FOLDS a 96, or maybe even a really rough 876.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have seat Six board locked. I'm only concerned with seat 3. Since he limped along with everybody else, he probably doesn't have better than an Eight hidden, but maybe he has a little card with it, or god forbid 75, which would give him outs to an 86 or better. If he raises, I suppose I just puke and then ask you guys what to do.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:27 PM

i think way too often youre forced to fold fourth here, and if not fourth youre almost always drawing super shtty by fifth ( even with made 78 ) with so many people in.

if i play this hand i almost prefer isolation, as none of me wants this to ever get past 5th. i feel that way more often then not youre tossing away at least $20 dollars every time. however this is to say you have no reads on anyone.

as played, alot of my wants to say [censored] it and give up on 5th, but if youre going to play you may as well try and isolate here so i guess that was smart...just a shame it didnt work out. now i like folding fifth alot more.

7th you may as well bet because you shouldnt be getting raised. hope you won.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:33 PM

oops sorry...also i see alot more 7th st bluffs and 7th st bluff raises at this level then most, and from 5/10-15/30 ALOT more limping/overlimping strong.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think way too often youre forced to fold fourth here, and if not fourth youre almost always drawing super shtty by fifth ( even with made 78 ) with so many people in.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't all the limps imply that nobody else has a smooth hand?

[ QUOTE ]
7th you may as well bet because you shouldnt be getting raised. hope you won.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I'm still wondering how everybody else would respond to a raise on the end. It seems a terrible pity to let a huge pot go, but a bluff seems so pointless I can't imagine anyone trying it.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't all the limps imply that nobody else has a smooth hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

not really, it just implies that someone has, like, 852 or 764 and doesn't feel like raising. but that doesn't even matter, because their hole cards only become important at showdown, and if you are showing this hand down it will always be a crying something or other. oh, and all your outs are dead.

it's good after that, though. nice fifth.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I'm still wondering how everybody else would respond to a raise on the end. It seems a terrible pity to let a huge pot go, but a bluff seems so pointless I can't imagine anyone trying it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Given how they played the rest of the hand, do you think either of the villains were capable of a pointless play?