Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2007, 02:13 PM

Default Re: Calldown?

[ QUOTE ]

This is so tricky to play since he got position and we have to give our hand away on flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good comments. But I wouldn't say we have totally given anything away. Alot of ppl will fastplay an ace here too, no?
Old 07-02-2007, 02:26 PM

If you play a game that involves folding Q7 in that situation you give up too much on dry flops.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you play a game that involves folding Q7 in that situation you give up too much on dry flops.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont understand what this means.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:28 PM

I meant that you should play enough worse hands on that dry flop so that Q7 become an automatic call down.

What do you think about that?
Old 07-02-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I meant that you should play enough worse hands on that dry flop so that Q7 become an automatic call down.

What do you think about that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it depends on what you mean by play. But in general I don't bluff in this spot too often. I'm not sure if that is correct or not tho.... My guess is that it depends on your overall style of play. However, if you do bluff here a decent amount with air, your pairs are prolly getting paid off by K hi.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:56 PM

i don't see people really fastplaying aces here on the flop. i think your flop cr means a seven or a pp. i think the villain would think the same. he probably thinks that you will fold most everthing to a raise on the turn as well.

I would probably check call flop and check call turn, or check raise flop and check call turn, or check call flop and check raise turn... before I checkraise flop and bet fold turn here. however if I was up against a passive player, i would take your line.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:18 AM

To spite myself I did this and got the maximum.

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, 3 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4.4SB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4.2BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (8.2BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Results:
Final pot: 10.2BB

Villain had KJo
Old 07-03-2007, 07:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But I wouldn't say we have totally given anything away. Alot of ppl will fastplay an ace here too, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, I would almost always cr Aces here. Any other way to play aces will give less because he checks behind or understand exactly what we have when we raise later streets.

I was more thinking of the fact that we will tell him we got a pair or better, so now he can succesfully play against that range.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I was more thinking of the fact that we will tell him we got a pair or better, so now he can succesfully play against that range.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think whenever were against someone who is good enough to know what our flop call means, check/raising will usually be the better route. If this was the situation Dean was in then I like his flop check/raise, even if it does put us in a tough spot later in the hand.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I think whenever were against someone who is good enough to know what our flop call means, check/raising will usually be the better route.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, Dean's narration comments said something to this effect. Which brings me back to my original question.... Against a player where:

1) We know he's good enough to know what our flop c/r means, and who will usually check behind the turn if checked to unless ahead.

but

2) We don't have a more specific read about his turn bluff raise frequency that would help us make a good decision should he raise the turn

How do you play from the turn onward?

I am inclined to think that bet/cd is best if raised on the turn.

If he smoothcalls the turn, I think an argument can be made for all of b/c, b/f, c/c, and c/f on the river.

Thoughts on this?