Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2007, 11:32 AM

Default NL50 6max Video #2

This video is 2 tables of NL50 on Stars. I made one a while ago and provided that link as well for those that didn't see it. There's a few interesting hands in the 2nd one. I 2-barrel a station but hit 4 card flush on the river (and he pays). I can't really remember too much otherwise. I get AA 2x in the BB with a ton of limpers so I overraised them both times. I hate being OOP with even the best hands. If you have questions/comments let me know. I'll be around for 1 1/2hrs and then I have to go to the dentist. Video is ~40mins long and is 143MB

Video #1

Video #2

If you can't see the video, try downloading this codec
Old 01-03-2007, 11:39 AM

Default Re: NL50 6max Video #2

Downloading now...
Old 01-03-2007, 12:36 PM

Downloading video now.

Maybe it's a good idea to record your next video in wmv-format? It seems to produce smaller files with wmv.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:02 PM

im really not trying to be a dick here i promise, but i play a bit higher stakes and i opened ur first video for a little entertainment and immediately closed it the second you said "im just gonna check this" when u had 99 in the BB with 4 limpers.

Raise that up yo!
Old 01-03-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im really not trying to be a dick here i promise, but i play a bit higher stakes and i opened ur first video for a little entertainment and immediately closed it the second you said "im just gonna check this" when u had 99 in the BB with 4 limpers.

Raise that up yo!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

At this level FE is low, both now and even when we raise, we are more likely to get paid off without raising, and we are OOP against players who call with a wide range of hands.

I'd love to know your reasoning here so I can check your advice. I'm struggling with hands like this and AQ in the blinds with multi-limping going on. It seems like a lot of the reasons given for raising (and I love raising!) don't apply too well to these stakes.

Haven't watched the video yet, mind.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Raise that up yo!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry I didn't feel like stealing $2 against not so good competition
Old 01-03-2007, 03:18 PM

EGADS, I LOVE implied stackage!

To the higher stakes guy: Don't need the $2.... I need their full stack. There is no FE in this situation at the micro tables so someone is bound to call your larger than normal PFR. Then, I am usually behind on most flops. Reverse implied odds suck just as much in the micros as it does at higher tables. I think it is a pretty good strat in the micros to THROW IN ZERO CHIPS from the BB for a chance at major stackage. Particularly when you have a large enuf pot with so many callers it's like someone raised PF and you are the only caller.

To take it one more step. Who's going to call you PFR. A weak tightie with what? A Station with what. The flop hits with an overcard OR TWO and you lead out. The Station is gunna punch yer ticket here and the WT is in or out.... 50/50? NO, he called your PFR. He's got a hand.

On micros, VERY easy to stack villain on a A94r flop after limping... not so easy after you told the caller to your PFR that you have a premium hand. He won't pay off BIG BETS with his AT when an Ace hits the felt.... but WILL feel like he has the NUTS if you didn't PFR.

IP, I'm raising EVERY time. I can play poker on the flop IP.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I will play uber-tight/uber-passive in the blinds, as I do in EP. Uber-tight means I'll play hands that have stackage potential. Not AJ... maybe not even AK on certain tables. (Wins small/loses BIG). Uber-passive is to not create a big pot until I want a big pot. In the micros, you don't have to start building the pot PF. In position, I'll build pots PF with 72o [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. But OOP, I prefer to fold cheaply. JJ-22 OOP meh, pretty, but almost junky.

Shania wants to say a few words now. I play (at most times) around 28/18/3. Most all of that aggression is IN POSITION. But I will let you in on a little secret. Villain doesn't know that. She thinks I splash around ALL THE TIME. So when I AGG-up from the BB after hitting my set, villain thinks I'm just trying to steal.... AGAIN!! In the micros, few opponents can "read" me that I on a HUGE hand. Shania REALLY sings sweetly from the blinds [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-03-2007, 05:08 PM

King Spew,

A very good an reasonable explanation for playing mid pocket pairs this way. You will stack them anyway, when u hit ur set, if there are overcards, especially an Ace, you will lose the hand 90% of the time, cause they just love aces at the lower limits.

Mid and low pokcet pairs at this level, need to flop to a set else u ahve to muck them most of the time. So why put in money preflop, when the chance on a set are low and u will stack them anyway when u hit ur set.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:24 PM

Some people just love to argue, don't they [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Please read some stickies in SSNL forum, especially about 6max.

ps [ QUOTE ]

Raise that up yo!

[/ QUOTE ]

I had the same feeling at the start. But it was pretty good after that.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Raise that up yo!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry I didn't feel like stealing $2 against not so good competition

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a pretty DICK move, preflop is nothing to "close a video" over. that is ludacris. checking behind is fine imo. u r OUT OF POSITION and have a medium strength hand. that is nothing to get all jumpy over. checking behind is fine and playin for set value or winning a smallish pot with an over pair is also fine.

u make it seem like he check behind on the river with the nutz or sumtin. gimme a break yo. if u r gonna rip him for sumtin this marginal at least post why u think it is so bad and how u would handle the situation. how much do u raise pre, how do u act while oop when the board come AJ2 with 2 clubs??? dont just make it seem like "i play higher limits and u made a marginal descion so im not gonna waste my time" that is seriously WEAKSAUCE