Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2006, 09:13 AM

Default Re: What is AC?

[ QUOTE ]

This issue of whether the majority is ever allowed to oerce the minority is a dead horse. If AC isn't something statists should be scared to live in, can I hear some arguments of what life will be like in AC, so the majority doesn't have to protect itself from it?

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO you are currently brainwashed into complaciancy. Since so many people were raised in state schools and fed state sponsored political propaganda, people just think within the box in which they were raised. Someone comes along and says, "hey, wake up buddy. Check out what it looks like outside the box." And everyone gets scared by even the idea of what might be outside the box. Everyone starts saying:

"yeah, but catastropy X is probably outside the box"

"what about this nice little tape on my box, will I have that outside the box?"

"dangerous people will try to get me if I step outside the box, so I don't even want to look outside the box"

etc,....

Wake up people. There is freedom outside the box. It is a little scary looking outside the box, but safe.

I want to encourage everyone to look outside the box with an open mind, rather than a bunch of preconceived notions that are all negative.

You have been raised by a bunch of people who grew up inside the box so everything they taught you comes from an 'inside the box' mindset. You have been programed to think and live in the box. Wake-up, you are being pnwd!
Old 11-16-2006, 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are you saying that you will sit by grinning while your neighbor's house burns down propertarian?

[/ QUOTE ] No, and this is irrelevant.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, my friend, it is 100% relevant. Me and you exist, and if I will help you keep fire from consuming your house, how are your intentions irrelevant? We live in a world full of people. This is a simple resiprocity principle that exists and binds us all together. It is important for me to know, generally speaking, what my neighbors will or will not do. I do not want to live among evil people.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's an argument against out-of-control government. Something few defend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, once you produce your foolproof plan for keeping government under control (whose control, exactly?), you let us know, OK?

[ QUOTE ]
In fact, a limited, constitutional government is one of the best defenses the people have against lawless (anarchistic, as it were) capitalism (piracy).

[/ QUOTE ]

"To protect you from the millions of people who want to conduct voluntary transactions with you and the handful who want to do you harm, we will (magnanimously) subject you to a huge, baroque system of involuntary transactions backed by violence and permit a small subset of voluntary transactions that we approve of."
Old 11-16-2006, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I could say: the government could suddenly start to pay of its debt tomorrow by cutting back spending drastically for all of eternity. Yet that wouldn't convince you.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would not convince one single human on the entire planet! LOL

And some of the unconvinced would shut their minds and tell themselves lies that 'the gubament' is 'trying' and 'doing the best they can' etc, and close the lid on their safe little boxes they were raised in rather than mustering the courage to poke their head up and keep an open mind.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Every ACist in this thread, but you, has tried to assert that there is no free-rider problem with the fire issue

[/ QUOTE ]
No, the ACists have shown that there is no free rider problem using logic. An individual acts in a way that benifits himself. If someone buys fire insurance because it is +EV to do so for himself, and it ends up helping someone else also, why is it a "problem"?
[ QUOTE ]
I think, in practice, ACland hangs the runts of the litter out to die,

[/ QUOTE ]
Why? If most people don't care about being forcibly taxed to take care of the poor, what makes you think they won't donate to help them as well?
[ QUOTE ]
Since we don't have an AC, your theories are easily defended by ideology and best-case scenarios.

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course not. The impeccable track record of capitalism is well documented as a success.
[ QUOTE ]
and creates just as much regional level oppression by private entities and individuals abusing their status within a society.

[/ QUOTE ]
How? Bill Gates and other rich individuals uses his "status" to create things that benefit all of society. It's only when someone can use another's wealth (ie, a politician using tax money for his entire claim to power) that the things you describe happen in history.
[ QUOTE ]
Who are you to let your subjective beliefs about certain personal freedoms harm others?

[/ QUOTE ]
What? The belief that I am the only one that owns my body, mind, and labor? Do you consider that subjective?
[ QUOTE ]
This argument will never end, but I appreciate the exercise by the way.

[/ QUOTE ]
Likewise.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That's an argument against out-of-control government. Something few defend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, once you produce your foolproof plan for keeping government under control (whose control, exactly?), you let us know, OK?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are no foolproof plans on any side of this issue.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In fact, a limited, constitutional government is one of the best defenses the people have against lawless (anarchistic, as it were) capitalism (piracy).

[/ QUOTE ]

"To protect you from the millions of people who want to conduct voluntary transactions with you and the handful who want to do you harm, we will (magnanimously) subject you to a huge, baroque system of involuntary transactions backed by violence and permit a small subset of voluntary transactions that we approve of."

[/ QUOTE ]

It appears all your arguments against government apply only to overreaching governments. Again, the tool the people require in defense of their liberties is limited, constitutional government.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It appears all your arguments against government apply only to overreaching governments. Again, the tool the people require in defense of their liberties is limited, constitutional government.

[/ QUOTE ]
America started out as a limited, constitutional government. How did that work out? As long as governments exist, those that can use it's power and stolen funds to over-reach to benefit themselves, which is human nature.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
America started out as a limited, constitutional government. How did that work out?

[/ QUOTE ]

So give up? No, fix the problem.

[ QUOTE ]
As long as governments exist, those that can use it's power and stolen funds to over-reach to benefit themselves, which is human nature.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing you advocate banning all firearms as well.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So give up? No, fix the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know, that's why i advocate ACism. What do you propose, more of the same?
[ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing you advocate banning all firearms as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nope, firearms are used for defense.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why? If most people don't care about being forcibly taxed to take care of the poor, what makes you think they won't donate to help them as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

How is it +EV for me to donate to the poor?

[ QUOTE ]
The impeccable track record of capitalism is well documented as a success.

[/ QUOTE ]

What track record? I thought you ACers call our economic system mercantilism.

[ QUOTE ]
How? Bill Gates and other rich individuals uses his "status" to create things that benefit all of society. It's only when someone can use another's wealth (ie, a politician using tax money for his entire claim to power) that the things you describe happen in history.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill Gates doesn't create anything. He is a major shareholder and chairman-of-the-board of a corporation (Microsoft) that employs people who create things. You know, a corporation. That evil construct which shifts liability burdens onto the poor or something.