Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 03:23 AM

Default 25NL: shoving top two on drawy flop vs weak players?

BB has rock tendencies (14/9/2.2/1000). His bet sizing is awful, weak=weak, strong=strong. It seems that he doesn't know what to do after the flop, when he's oop - especially at this crazy table.
UTG is a habitual bluffer and very loose preflop (65/15/2.3/185). Makes incredible bad plays like investing half of his stack with air on a three barrel bluff.
Notes say: slowplays flopped 2pair on 2suited board, bets strong when possible flush comes. Insane bluffer. Let him hang himself.

I call preflop b/c T8s has nice potential against the two guys.

Party Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN): $24.65
SB: $35.61
BB: $26.19
UTG: $35.04
CO: $25.66

Pre-Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
UTG calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.25, SB calls $0.15, <font color="red">BB raises to $1.75</font>, UTG calls $1.50, CO folds, Hero calls $1.50, SB folds

Flop: ($5.75) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $3</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $6</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $22.90 and is All-In</font>, 2 folds

I thought what i usually think in this situation, ahead of their range, protection, betting for value, blah blah. So i pushed.

However, i had the strange feeling that shoving here is wrong. I can't explain it, it's just a feeling, maybe similiar to what i feel in situation where i don't know any other option but to shove (and then regret it most of the time).

Quick check for sanity please.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:46 AM

Default Re: 25NL: shoving top two on drawy flop vs weak players?

You can't call or fold. Shove no matter what feelings you have here. Plenty of $$ in the pot already, lots of meh turns. Shove and ship it. You need to balance against when you do this with AKs or whatever and obv protect your hand.

Maybe with your read you could do something goofy like mini 4bet the flop to $9 to induce a shove, but I really don't think that's going to happen and it doesn't protect hand against UTG. Then again you might not need to do that. This kind of situation where you may take a bizzaro line to induce a shove doesn't come along much, and it's better HU, so you played it perfect. NH.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:18 AM

Default Re: 25NL: shoving top two on drawy flop vs weak players?

I thought a while about what happened to me in this particular situation.
It's the "you can't call or fold" aspect of the situation, that caused me to feel uncomfortable.
I had been forced to lay down a lot of hands at this table and that had clearly influenced my emotions. It's simply the pressure to do something that made me feel strange.

Thanks for your lines. The question sounded silly, but sometimes i feel... well, so uncomfortable [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]