Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt took $100 from me

[ QUOTE ]
It's certainly confusing to follow since each time he rewrites the chain of events one detail or another is inconsistent. However, assuming your order is correct, Full Tilt is certainly in the clear for seizing the new $100 deposit if the CC company wouldn't budge in restoring the initial $100.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I think it's just a case of communicating poorly here. Basically, the way I read it is that in the end, OP has been charged $200 on his CC and credited back $100, for a net charge of $100 on his CC...yet his FT account has been credited $0.

You make a good point about the $33...FT could be hardasses and say he won that on illegimate funds and take it away. Either way, if I understand it correctly, I do believe he has been shorted $100.

OP, you really need to be looking into things more carefully before you disupte charges. That should be an avenue of last resort, not something you do casually.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:57 PM

My story didn't change...so, stop slandering and discrediting me with your double talk. It's not working. It comes down to FT keeping my money.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had $133 in my account. 100 that I deposited and 33 that I made. On a credit card statement I didn't notice my $100 deposit on the statement. Naturally I challenged it and the card company got $100 from FT.

[/ QUOTE ]
At this point, the 100 was seized by the CC company.

[ QUOTE ]
Contacted Full Tilt to rectify. I redeposited the 100 and they left me with $33, in my account because I "owed" them 100.

[/ QUOTE ]
YOU CAN'T RECTIFY A CHARGEBACK WITH YOUR WORDS TO FULL TILT. THE MONEY WAS TAKEN FROM THEM BY THE CC COMPANY. IF YOU REDEPOSIT THEY WILL TAKE THE INITIAL 100 AND SEIZE IT, RIGHTFULLY SO.

The cc company will not re-reverse their charge back that you ordered based on an email to full tilt. it's a process that you DON'T use liberally, expect to still be mailed paperwork regarding this incident to file with your company.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:04 PM

someone ban this troll, thanks!
Old 08-28-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My story didn't change...so, stop slandering and discrediting me with your double talk. It's not working. It comes down to FT keeping my money.

[/ QUOTE ]
Meh...maybe you didn't intend it to, but changes like this make things confusing:

[ QUOTE ]
Contacted Full Tilt to rectify. I redeposited the 100 and they left me with $33, in my account because I "owed" them 100.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FT re-settles w/ CC for the initial $100.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-28-2007, 05:12 PM

yeah, that is the hard lesson learned here.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:30 PM

lol @ this thread
Old 08-28-2007, 07:11 PM

You didn't recognize the $100 full tilt charge? Riiiiight
Old 08-28-2007, 07:36 PM

Whether HandHack is lying or not, mindstatez as usual has no clue what the hell is going on.

OP Deposited $100 ran up to $133
OP chargesback $100
FT settles, locks account at $33
OP contacts FT, gets account unlocked, redeposited $100 but still has $33

OP is this what you mean?

If so FT just hasn't pushed your CC deposit through. Hell until you submit the CC authorization paperwork needed to withdrawl they may not let you play with this money. Have you done that yet?

-Brendan
Old 08-28-2007, 07:40 PM

Brendan,

I know we had one disagreement in the betting forum, but are you blindly taking shots at me here? I agree 100% with your time line, that's the point I've been making! He charged back $100, the funds were then grabbed by the CC company. "FT settles" - there is no settlement this fast, before any paperwork, not a chance. So essentially, he should've had the foresight to realize SHOULD he re-deposit the $100, it's 1000% certain FTP will seize that just as the CC company did from them.

What he's claiming is a "settlement" was him emailing them, that's ludicrous, it doesn't work that way. They still have to go through the whole process with the CC company should they want to pursue it, since it was a legitimate charge, and they are of course not obligated to since in their mind should he deposit again they're taking the $100 that's owed. Their T&C is crystal clear of this, in fact, they were lenient in letting him keep the $33 he won.