Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2007, 07:29 AM

Default ATs limp EP

BU: 16.5/9.5/total AF 1.76/turn AF 3.46 - 550 hands
UGT+1: 18.6/10/total AF 1.67/turn AF 2.0 - 350 hands

0.15/0.30 Fixed-Limit Hold'em <font color="blue">(10 handed)</font>
Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="grey">UTG folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="grey">4 folds</font>, <font color="red">BU raises</font>, <font color="grey">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

<ul type="square">I NOW know that i should raise or fold[/list]Flop: (7.47 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="red">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, BU calls, UTG+1 calls.

<ul type="square">Here should I probably just call down cus dont know power of PFA and flop bettor or even fold cus dont have position, right?[/list]Turn: (6.73 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="red">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, <font color="grey">BU folds</font>, <font color="red">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

<ul type="square">here probably just call down, cus opponent dont afraid me after flop raise[/list]River: (12.73 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="red">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.73 BB

I know that this hand was play probably horrible [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-29-2007, 07:39 AM

Default Re: ATs limp EP

Preflop call is fine, you want a multiway pot with ATs

Flop - call

Turn - fold b/c UTG+1 obv isn't scared of your reraise on the flop and he still comes out betting

River - u called the whole way so you have to call 1 more bet now. Folding would be pointless at this point.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:43 AM

be wary when utg+1 donks into you on the turn. personally, i c all this down after the donkbet unless i have TPTK or better.

flop is fine. river is fine.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I NOW know that i should raise or fold

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true.

As played: I don't think the flop raise is bad but button coldcalling followed by the turn donk makes me nervous. I'd call down there.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:06 AM

I'd raise preflop. UTG 18/10 is probably limping stuff like AxSooted, suited connectors or a pocket pair, maybe LRR AA-KK but I doubt it.

if you cant fold to a 3 bet then just call the turn and river. actually thats what I'd do anyway. call call. you probably raised to drive out button but really your main concern here should be UTG. call and if button raises then he is announcing a big hand. raising probably lets button play correctly and fold except when u r beat.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I prefer limp or fold with ATs in early position, more often fold than limp.

Flop raise was OK. Turn raise is bad, what do you put villian on that you're beating, and you have no redraw. I guess you have to call down because you made the pot so big, but with TPGK 3 way I think you want to get it to showdown as cheap as you can on the turn and river.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop call is fine, you want a multiway pot with ATs

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I prefer limp or fold with ATs in early position, more often fold than limp.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO these generic staements are useless when debating preflop strategy in limit. The optimal choice depends on the tables conditions. If its loose you can call. If it plays tight and you are not sure about the limpers range you can fold. If you think you have eq against the limper and you think you can get it HU with a raise then its an easy raise.

I am not a big fan of the flop raise. If Hero is ahead he wants to fold KQ, KJ and KT. Any other worse hand in buttons range is pointless to shut out as he wouldnt have odds to call and I am not sure that KJs and KTs is in his preflop raising range. KJo and KTo are likely not in his range. Besides I doubt that Hero has much eq against the 18/9 limper but I am not sure as I havent played FR in a while.

The turn raise is terrible IMO. I would call down.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:57 AM

Whats mean "eq"?
Old 06-29-2007, 10:30 AM

the preflop call is good b/c with 2 suited broadway cards we want multiway action.

the flop raise is good b/c we have a marginal hand and want to make it undesireable for BU to draw. Of course hes a donk and this is SSHE so he does anyway. Good raise.

Turn, at this point when he leads out in spite of your flop raise i call down
Old 06-29-2007, 04:24 PM

Fodling ATs preflop for one bet is bad at any table I have ever played.

I just call down from the turn donk.