Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2007, 02:59 PM

Default Re: Guitar Hero II on XBOX360. I can\'t wait!

holy crap, content pack 3 would be sick!
Old 04-25-2007, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm still working on 5-starring medium, so I don't really need new songs though...

[/ QUOTE ]

There are about 4-5 songs that are just killing me on Medium, and I don't know why. Institutionalized and Free Bird are two of them, but I don't remember the others. Free Bird is the most frustrating. I can do pretty much the entire song . . . except for one part where I always miss one note early, then miss the rest of the entire run.

I tried to advance to Hard, but the Orange button confuses the hell out of me, as does the much great use of Hammer ons and pull offs.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:07 PM

A couple of days ago I went for the 200K point achievement and managed to get 244K on Freebird and 5-star it (on medium). And tonight I got Institutionalized.

I still need Madhouse, Hangar 18, Psychobilly Freakout and a couple more. I managed to 4-star Psychobilly today but doubt I'll ever get that last star. I hate that song [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I've done the 6 first songs on hard but I also get confused by the orange button, so I just ignore it. I doubt that strategy will work in the long run though.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also get confused by the orange button, so I just ignore it. I doubt that strategy will work in the long run though.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah that strategy wont last too long
Old 04-25-2007, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These are the rumored songs lined up for the next downloadable song packs

Content Pack 1:
"Cowboys From Hell" - Pantera
"I Love Rock & Roll" - Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
"Cochise" - Audioslave

Content Pack 2:
"Godzilla" - Blue Oyster Cult
"I Wanna Be Sedated" - The Ramones
"Sharp Dressed Man" - ZZ Top

Content Pack 3:
"Iron Man" - Ozzy Osbourne
"Take Me Out" - Franz Ferdinand
"Smoke on the Water" - Deep Purple

I'm still working on 5-starring medium, so I don't really need new songs though...

[/ QUOTE ]

I really wish they let you pick the songs for the pack, that and them not costing $2 a song for GH1 songs would help, if you buy all6packs you have like half the GH1 songs for basically the full price of GH
Old 04-26-2007, 04:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A couple of days ago I went for the 200K point achievement and managed to get 244K on Freebird and 5-star it (on medium). And tonight I got Institutionalized.

I still need Madhouse, Hangar 18, Psychobilly Freakout and a couple more. I managed to 4-star Psychobilly today but doubt I'll ever get that last star. I hate that song [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

When you finally "get" a song, it's a great feeling. Madhouse had been killing me, I'd only gotten 70k on hard. Today, I just suddenly "got" it. 114k, then 159k, then 180+k.

Same thing with Carry Me Home. All I'm missing (from 5 starring medium) is Institutionalized and Psychobilly (two songs I can't stand) and Free Bird.

Really is a great game.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:31 PM

I played this game at a party this past weekend. I am hooked.

I bought the game last night on ebay, and I don't even have the 360 yet (waiting for the Elite release on Sunday) ... gaaaah, must play now, cannot waittttt.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When you finally "get" a song, it's a great feeling. Madhouse had been killing me, I'd only gotten 70k on hard. Today, I just suddenly "got" it. 114k, then 159k, then 180+k.

Same thing with Carry Me Home. All I'm missing (from 5 starring medium) is Institutionalized and Psychobilly (two songs I can't stand) and Free Bird.

Really is a great game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Strange, I'm a 3-star machine on Hard but I completely dominate the songs you listed on Medium. Hard is getting frustrating...the boos are starting to rain down on me but then I kinda get it together and stumble across the finish line
Old 04-29-2007, 08:17 PM

Not sure if this warrants its own thread or not, and this applies to the PS2 version I think. Anyway a friend of mine is a hardcore fan of the GH series and I play some too. He is currently working on modding his PS2 to play custom songs. Some videos of random songs are here . I'm sure you could find instructions on how to attempt the whole process with google, my friend said it wast too complicated. We are going to be really excited if this works out.

Just thought I'd bring this to the attention of anyone who always wished they could play Metallica or Dragonforce or something. Because you can with a little work.

EDIT: Don't know if this has been brought up or not and if it has, apologies. Also, if this is not cool to mention mods feel free to delete it.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:55 AM

About modding songs and such, I found THIS last night. I actually got around to playing it today. The good news is that you can play pretty much any song you want. The bad news is that it is ugly as hell and doesn't really seem to be as responsive as the official versions. Still, try it out if you guys like. You can connect your guitar to the pc if you have the proper adapter.