Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2007, 01:25 PM

Default Quick one...

I'm headed to Vegas this afternoon. I'm staying at the MGM, but my reservation starts tommorrow. I was planning on being a degenerate and playing poker till I can check into my room tommorrow. I wanted to play at the Venetian (great comps etc.), but will they store my luggage at the Venetian even though I'm not staying there?
Old 02-22-2007, 01:37 PM

Default Re: Quick one...

I've never done it at the Venetian but I've checked bags a dozen times when I had to stop off at a hotel for a meeting or a quick session before leaving town. Just walk and check it at the bell desk and go play.

Or you can have the cab swing by the MGM and check it there before you head over to the Venetian.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've never done it at the Venetian but I've checked bags a dozen times when I had to stop off at a hotel for a meeting or a quick session before leaving town. Just walk and check it at the bell desk and go play.

Or you can have the cab swing by the MGM and check it there before you head over to the Venetian.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't be much of a degenerate if I didn't head straight to the poker room from the airport. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-22-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm headed to Vegas this afternoon. I'm staying at the MGM, but my reservation starts tommorrow. I was planning on being a degenerate and playing poker till I can check into my room tommorrow. I wanted to play at the Venetian (great comps etc.), but will they store my luggage at the Venetian even though I'm not staying there?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have done this several times at the Venetian, and it's never a problem. Last time, I was in a good mood after a good session and tipped the bellman $5 for retrieving my bag, as opposed to my $2-$3 per usual. He seemed thrilled by this and offered to help me skip the taxi line, which was about 15 deep. +EV.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:18 PM

I had a similar experience playing the noon tourny at the Venetian while waiting for my room at the MGM Grand. Just go in the front door, find a bellman and he will take you bag. You give your ticket by the Valet outside when you are ready to go.