Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Absolute Cheating

[ QUOTE ]
wait! there are higher motives than money? Now I know you're kidding

[/ QUOTE ]

My only point is why make it so obvious and why give any of it back? If it was all about the $$$$ then why bother dumping it off by the $10,000s....
Old 09-18-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the problem with this assumption is that it relies on the veracity and up to date knowledge of AP's crack team of security howler monkeys

[/ QUOTE ]

In theory it is also possible that a security howler monkey is acting together with other monkeys.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:48 PM

With the HH, a log of the IP addresses and the transactions of the accounts this would make a lot more sense..
Old 09-18-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so im having a session on abs where this guy munchkin cat is running like god against me and ofc my first thought was omg its doubledrags new account!

does anyone know who that is

[/ QUOTE ]

He just started playing in the past 2 weeks. He wasn't any good. he certainly didn't appear to be cheating then, but now who knows.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:56 PM

Old 09-18-2007, 05:59 PM

A+
Old 09-18-2007, 06:00 PM

I would like to know how APīs internal controlling system works? What organizational guidlines do they have etc.
Who is controlling the whole organization?
Old 09-18-2007, 06:08 PM

Default Re: Deciding to Return to Absolute

[ QUOTE ]
"

blatant cheating accts disappear.

the only real question is if the cheaters reappear and if they are recognizable next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I fear the most. Any competent player would be able to cheat the games for thousands, possibly millions without being detected. Who knows, its possible that its already happened and we just havent noticed.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:31 PM

Well obviously the site is losing money or not making a whole lot.

In Germany the TV channels, that rely on people calling in and answering quizzes and don't have advertisements, have employees that would always call in and get through and then win the jackpot and sum up 80k over a few months and then people call in and wonder and complain that they phoned 500 times and never got through. Seconds later the guy/employee that won 80k calls in and states that it's easy but you just have to keep trying and that he always gets through. They don't want to give out the expensive prizes like jackpots or cars. There are videos posted on youtube to point this out.

Absolute loses a lot of money to reload bonusses, which they stopped now, and guaranteed tourneys and satellites that don't reach the prize pool. One, two or more people there must be employed to gain the money back. The money always goes from bottom to top and then disappears so get it back by either have one that takes it on the top level or multiple people taking it on the lower levels.

It doesn't make much sense to play the same 1000$ buy-in tournament with multiple accounts that can see other people's hole cards with the same style, except if you really have to take it down and want to make sure you still have one horse running in case you take a bad beat, when you call a check-raise all-in on the turn with bottom pair or just ten high and be right every single time.

My bet is that they regain the overhead they put into these tournaments by using internship players, where you have to be a student or a graduate of an university to apply.

Absolute Poker Launches New Summer Internship

http://www.pokerinternships.com/how_to_apply.html

Previous UIGEA there was basically a 20k overhead in these 100k guaranteed tournaments every week.

Absolute Poker : 100k Weekend Tournament

[ QUOTE ]
But that still doesn't answer why they intentionally get last place (how else do you explain that many dead lasts?)... Do you realize how hard it is to get last? You have to move in AND get called in a 1k and still lose the race.. You have to try to be busting to have those stats IMO..

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that when there is no overhead in the tournament they just go all-in preflop with junk when someone holds AA or KK and then they are out and nothing is lost for the site, however when there is overhead they will get at least far enough to recoup the lost money or even make up for other lossy tournaments.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:37 PM

Default Re: Deciding to Return to Absolute

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"

blatant cheating accts disappear.

the only real question is if the cheaters reappear and if they are recognizable next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I fear the most. Any competent player would be able to cheat the games for thousands, possibly millions without being detected. Who knows, its possible that its already happened and we just havent noticed.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is suspicious to me too.They could earn for months or years tons of money,but they made it to obvious that they`re cheating.
I also would like to know how they cheated and if tis possible on other sites.

BTW:Is there something new ,if Mark Seif was involved?
Closed Thread