Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2006, 02:40 AM

Default Re: blind battle against a LAG/TAG? (5/10)

no. i would call the flop and see the river most of the time.

say the turn is a 7 (or 6) and the river is a 4. im not showing down in this case. or if it comes K/Q/J/T and then another K/Q/J/T. on other river cards im basically just making a guess based on what i think while playing tha hand
Old 09-08-2006, 02:42 AM

I'm not a fan of OP

Miles: what turn/rivers would you showdown on UI?
Old 09-08-2006, 02:47 AM

if you think im being vague here, it's because i am. i don't have a "standard line" for this hand. sometimes i will call a flop check raise and raise a lot of turns just becuase i really think he's trying to own me. other times i'll restrict raising to a turn K or Q. other times i'll just call and fold. in my last post i gave a few where im pretty much just not showing down. if the turn and river card fill in the straight draws on the flop (what i mean by this... is that the flop is 2 5 9. if it comes 36 or 47 or 37 or 46), im not going to showdown because i think those cards make too many hands into pairs or straights (likely flop check raising hands). if the turn comes a T/J/Q and he bets, i'm still not really convinced, but i could be convinced by a river bet, which is really a value bet almost all the time. if i pair up anywhere im obviously going to showdown. if the turn gives me a gutshot and the river pairs the board, it's close. if the turn pairs the board and the river trips or pairs another card, im usually showing down.

sorry [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]