Old 10-29-2007, 12:56 AM

Default Re: VERY serious friend related situation

[ QUOTE ]
What do you mean "trying to rape her"?

[/ QUOTE ]
"Do or do not..."
Old 10-29-2007, 12:57 AM

ugh... I just don't get it. Drunk chick passes out on a drunk dudes couch, he makes move, she cries rape.

Seriously was he trying to "rape" her or just making a move.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Drunk chick passes out on a drunk dudes couch, he makes move

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't see what's wrong with the above, there is something wrong with you.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:26 AM

Are you sure that he was actually trying to rape her and that she didn't just black out and then start having sex with him? If you were close friends with this guy at all, I think you should try to get both sides of the story here.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Serious response: What can you do? It's not like she is going to bring charges against him. How exactly did it go down? What do you mean "trying to rape her"? Did she sprint away, fight him off or did he stop? What happened the next day? Has anyone talked to him about it?

There's like a million more details you need to include before we can give good advice. (even then it will likely be "be there to support her and that's it) but still, details my man.

[/ QUOTE ]

She was a complete wreck the entire day, so I didnt get a lot of details. Also, this guy is an ok but not great friend of mine... something I did not mention in the OP.

Here's what I do know
-- She texted me at 3 last night and I knew something was wrong. I live about 4 rooms down from where this took place. While she told me today she should have come by then, she was just trying to get away from the place.

-- She slept in the room of her best girl friend... the one that I am alos very close with.

-- She obviously flipped out when she awoke. From what I understood (again, she was sobbing uncontrollably) she hit him as hard as she could and ran away. She is ~5'3 and very small; not to mention she was still drunk.

-- I am yet to talk to the guy about it, but I may. As much as I could and would like to beat the [censored] out of him, I won't. He is a friend of mine.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you sure that he was actually trying to rape her and that she didn't just black out and then start having sex with him? If you were close friends with this guy at all, I think you should try to get both sides of the story here.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I was thinking. She probably blacked out. You shouldn't get involved but if you do make sure you here both sides 1st
Old 10-29-2007, 01:37 AM

I think the best you can do is be there for support and do your best to try and find out the facts before you move on. You have to also realize that both parties are going to lie their asses off to you. It's obvious for the guy...because well he does not want to be seen as a rapist. And the girl made this huge accusation that she can't reasonably back down from.

It's a horrible situation for everyone involved(not so much the guy if he actually raped her) just try and comfort her as much as you can is all you can really do.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I will talk to him at some point, but she was WAY too freaked out for this to just be him making a move. She is emotionally stronger than most guys I know, and she was a total wreck all day.

This is what I was thinking. She probably blacked out. You shouldn't get involved but if you do make sure you here both sides 1st

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-29-2007, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Ok, I was dating this girl for about the last month. Three weeks ago, we decided to break it off and just become friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, so you dated her for a week?

Anyway, any advice you are gunna get in this thread is worthless, because no one can give you any advice because no one here knows enough about the situation to give anything meaningful. You are the only one who knows both people, and you are the only one in a position to talk to both of them and try to figure out what happened. So either provide waaaay more details (both their sides of the story, and your view on both of them), or its worthless.

so uh, yeah just try not to get in the middle of it yet still remain supportive
Old 10-29-2007, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ugh... I just don't get it. Drunk chick passes out on a drunk dudes couch, he makes move, she cries rape.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, it's okay to try to have sex with a girl who's passed out if you're drunk? What are you saying here?