Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 10:26 AM

Default Re: X-Post Absolute Poker Hole Card Cheating

[ QUOTE ]
The reason I don't think it could be a hacker/trojan is that the accounts clearly had large amounts of money before the update. Some rich whale who donks around wouldn't be hacking computers most likely. A bot maker who went into hacking AB might have the capital to fund the accounts but would have a good enough understanding of poker not to just blow it. A hacker smart enough to crack the site might blow it due to a misunderstanding of the game but the chances of this seem very low because its almost common sense to milk something like this.

[/ QUOTE ]
More likely they started with a minimum BR and built it up in the lower stakes games using the same method. They didn't get caught there because they were playing the lower stakes and nobody was using Pokertracker there.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if i had a way of seeing opponents cards on say, pokerstars, i could make a million in one or 2 months and still never ever ever get caught.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not so easy to not get caught. Hand histories are available when it goes to showdown and if you never go to showdown but win all the time then your pokerstats will show some unusual patterns that will be picked up by other players. Seeing a showdown without the nuts but with a dominant hand always leaves you open to a suck out that can cost you some serious cash as you play higher stakes. You'd have to be able to track all the folded hands to know what cards were in play and even then you'd never be 100% sure that your opps outs were really dead unless all those cards were folded and not waiting to be dealt. Any fool can win quickly and big seeing everyone's cards but it takes someone with a lot of patience and skill to make the long-term score and stay UTR, knowing that at any time the kill-switch could be thrown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give me a break, any decent mid level player could easily pull this off if they KNOW THE HOLE CARDS of every opponent lol. It allows you to play straight forward and still have a huge edge by knowing when you have them notched slightly and when u are slightly notched. With the patience that any winning mid stakes player already has this would be easily accomplished utr.

PT will just show you as a cash game beast.. Do not forget that you get to analyze ur own stats and keep things in check.

Granted maybe not a few mil in a matter of months, but definitely several million over the course of the year.

[/ QUOTE ]

So thank you for agreeing with everything I wrote in response to the poster who said he could do it it a couple of months. What was the point of your reply???
Old 09-19-2007, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if i had a way of seeing opponents cards on say, pokerstars, i could make a million in one or 2 months and still never ever ever get caught.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not so easy to not get caught. Hand histories are available when it goes to showdown and if you never go to showdown but win all the time then your pokerstats will show some unusual patterns that will be picked up by other players. Seeing a showdown without the nuts but with a dominant hand always leaves you open to a suck out that can cost you some serious cash as you play higher stakes. You'd have to be able to track all the folded hands to know what cards were in play and even then you'd never be 100% sure that your opps outs were really dead unless all those cards were folded and not waiting to be dealt. Any fool can win quickly and big seeing everyone's cards but it takes someone with a lot of patience and skill to make the long-term score and stay UTR, knowing that at any time the kill-switch could be thrown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not getting caught would start with not calling down big bets with 10-high - even if it is good. If you only call with A-high or better, then it is really difficult for someone to say for sure that you know their cards. You could just be inside their heads, or getting lucky picking off bluffs.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:23 PM

Is anyone really surprised by this Absolute thing, Ive been playing cash games professionally for years & I can definately tell you that games online are cheated, not just absolute, all sites cheat, Its not just the players, its the sites themselves. There is heavy rampant stealing going on at all of these major sites, this is just a start of whats to come. Why do you think guys like me that have been playing for years & have over 80% win rate live cant win a hand online, I used to be one of the biggest cash players online, you will win for a while, then its over. I get sick of explaining this to players who have only played for a year or so. Online poker is nothing more than video game poker run by offshore crooks. It boils my blood that anyone would endorse such garbage as real poker.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:26 PM

you sir, are a moron
Old 09-19-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is anyone really surprised by this Absolute thing, Ive been playing cash games professionally for years & I can definately tell you that games online are cheated, not just absolute, all sites cheat, Its not just the players, its the sites themselves. There is heavy rampant stealing going on at all of these major sites, this is just a start of whats to come. Why do you think guys like me that have been playing for years & have over 80% win rate live cant win a hand online, I used to be one of the biggest cash players online, you will win for a while, then its over. I get sick of explaining this to players who have only played for a year or so. Online poker is nothing more than video game poker run by offshore crooks. It boils my blood that anyone would endorse such garbage as real poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
someone didn't take their medication today...
Old 09-19-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why "poker is rigged" posts always got flamed.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd take this whole thing more seriously if it wasn't JMan who cross posted this.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you sir, are a moron

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT*2

This lies somewhere between tinfoil hat and the truth. It's sad because when it gets this conspiracy nutty, it ruins an otherwise pretty decent thread.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd take this whole thing more seriously if it wasn't JMan who cross posted this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you're just making a dig at Jman. If you actually doubt that cheating took place at AP then you either haven't read the evidence or you are not very smart.