Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 11:48 AM

Default Re: TV in the Lounge, Fall 07 Edition

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like a chick flick.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh...yeah I don't think so.

That's the most sex I've ever seen on any TV show ever. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Whoa.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chicks don't like sex now? Still sounds like a chick thing to me.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:48 AM

Huh. Almost no love at all for CBS in this thread, save a lone mention of CSI and people who'll catch their favorite NFL team on CBS.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
its always sunny in philadelphia.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely DVR'ing this, thanks for the reminder RBK. I actually thought 1st season sans Danny DeVito is funnier, but it's still great with him.

Wookie - How I Met Your Mother on CBS is the 2nd funniest sitcom on network TV, imo. Also comes with Soul Daddy and Dids imprimatur. Well written, great cast.

-Al
Old 09-10-2007, 02:45 PM

I'll probably watch How I Met Your Mother. Forgot about it in my first post.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sarahbellum, what did you think of the show? Do you think it has potential for some good drama or do you think it will be just about the sex?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was pretty fascinated by it, but I am always fascinated by the inner workings of relationships that are different than mine (read: all relationships). I think it pretty accurately portrayed four real life relationship situations, and I think they did a pretty good job of avoiding some stereotypes.

I also enjoyed the sex scenes. Including the jerking scene and the ending scene. I am pretty voyeuristic! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Seriously though, I just find that to be really cool... getting to see so-called real life sex stuff that isn't my own is awesome.

I really have no idea if it's going to be a big hit or not. I kind of have the feeling that the sex scenes aren't going to keep the general male population interested enough to sit thru the drama. Maybe one of the guys could chime in on that.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:59 AM

I watched "Tell Me You Love Me" as well, and am still on the fence whether I like it or not. It has a decent premise with the aforementioned 3 couples going to the same sex therapist, but it dragged in places. I'll have to re-watch it to make a really informed judgment on it. As mentioned, the sex scenes were very graphic. If this was a movie, it would definitely be NC-17.

I have a handful of shows I'll be watching this fall, and I'm hoping they will make me forget how bad Rescue Me and Entourage were this summer:

-Californication -- It's on Showtime, it's funny, it has David Duchovny, it is chock full of fun sex.
-Lost
-It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
-The Office
-30 Rock

..and I just discovered these two Sunday nights on IFC. They are great so far.
-The Business
-The Minor Accomplishments of Jackie Woodman
Old 09-14-2007, 07:48 PM

I finally watched Tell Me You Love Me. I was underwhelmed. It wasn't all that interesting, and if it wasn't for the sex, there wouldn't really be anything worth watching for me. I might catch another episode, but this is on probation.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:28 PM

Looks like if you have Comcast, you can view NBC's shows OnDemand starting now, and you don't have to wait for the premieres. I'll have to see if I can get them w/ Time Warner. I thought people here might like to know, since Bionic Woman and Life have garnered great interest, and there's at least some passing curiosity in Chuck and Journeyman. For OOT's discussion about this, see here:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...;gonew=1#UNREAD

In other news, I also finally watched a couple episodes of that other sexually explicit show on that other premium channel, Californication on Showtime, starring David Duchovney. In contrast to TMYLM, this show grabbed me right away. It was fun and funny, and DD's character is great. They work in the twists well, too. I'll start following this one.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:21 PM

Looking forward to reading this thread this year. I gotta be the biggest fan of TV out there. After NFL Football, I'm TiVo-ing most of that big list above, LOLz. I'll watch almost anything if its @ all watchable except DWTS. I will not make the "appointment" to watch that, but if some1 has it on I won't turn it off. It is entertaining fwiw [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

-Regarding all the big shows: I watch most of them and I know most ppl watch them, but it's kinda funny how we don't discuss them here. Are we sheep? Lolz. The only major show that gets fully dissected is LOST. Those thread's are so big they are an obstacle to tackle [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] 24 too, but I'm hoping that last season was an abberation. I'm one of the biggest fans of that show and even I admit I was failed there.

Pleasant surprises from last season:
Everyone loved Heroes and if you missed it, get on the boat quick before you get left behind even more.

Brothers & Sisters- In the other thread I always touted this show's greatness. Really hope it keeps going strong.

Friday Night Lights- PLZ PLZ PLZ every1 watch this!!! This is/was the best show from last season after Heroes and 30 Rock.

Jericho-The cliffhanger that was left makes the wait for this almost unbearable. So glad it got saved from the scrap-heap. '08 cannot come soon enuff.

30 Rock-This show did not get a chance from me b/c of that other show that just soured me. Studio 60 tried to do too much whereas this show does just enuff, it's fantasic! I was bored one day and went back and watched the entire season online and I just could not stop watching it. "Let's get to the next one, let's get to the next one..." all I kept saying when each ep. ended. Now it will NOT be missed. Also I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Tina Fey/Liz Lemon [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Shows everyone loves that I've missed out on:

House-IDK, maybe I just watched a weaker episode or something the time I gave it a shot, but it did nothing for me. It is fascinating how popular this one is w/o me knowing/caring much about it.

The Unit-Pftt, I watched the first few eps. of this and it just did not grab me. I gave it the 'ol college try, but nothing. I was like "who cares" as I was watching it. Same mentality as House and Nip/Tuck; Tuesday is just a weak night of TV 'til 10pm IMO.

The Office-Ok this one is my fault. I watched season one and just forgot about it after that. It felt like a blip on the radar that didn't register, but it was funny. I just have not made the effort to seek this one out again, but I think I will go back and catch up on this one. Especially since I enjoyed it the first run.

Football PWNS all first though [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2007, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Brothers & Sisters- In the other thread I always touted this show's greatness. Really hope it keeps going strong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be right there with you watching. This is one of my favorite shows on TV.

Also, I need to give 30 Rock a try. I'm a big Alec Baldwin fan. Don't know why I've ignored it.