Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Did I benefit from buying it?
Yes 13 28.26%
No 33 71.74%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2007, 11:47 AM

Default Re: Step on stars for the sunday million (poll inside)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I can guess that they would want this. But I couldn't prove it.

[/ QUOTE ]

El oh el!

I think it's a pretty safe guess.

2+2ers don't want this so they can play against nothing but other 2+2ers.

I think it's also equally safe to say that even if some players DIDN'T want steps to the Millions that they likely wouldn't mind them if they existed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh ok. Stars are still refusing to do it though. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2007, 01:20 PM

Bryan S.

I haven't played the steps system yet(can't do PCA), but I think a steps to the miillion(as I understand it) would change my playing the million from once a year to 10 a year. Getting casual players like me to move up to larger events would increase how much we play while not bankrupting us. Also the steps seems to let you go up a step or 2 and pause. Many casual players with families and jobs can't commit regular times or large periods except for big events. I play lots for 3 weeks then nothing for a couple. Many of us older(40+) have lives and other interests but a fair amount of disposable cash.

DS are one and done. Steps seems to be more of a progression. Something you keep trying. DSs I play and if I lose, I might not play again for a month. Steps, lead you from one to the next. To us casual online players, the million is as big as we are likely to go. To many of us this is the grail, not a live event. WCOOP is great but it is a small period and for the casual player it may not fit my scheduele. THE million is every week.... and Big and the $$$ are life changing.

Steps to the million please....
Old 10-23-2007, 01:28 PM

Bryan said:

[ QUOTE ]
the Sunday Million is quite inexpensive.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a good response:

[ QUOTE ]
To us casual online players, the million is as big as we are likely to go. To many of us this is the grail, not a live event. WCOOP is great but it is a small period and for the casual player it may not fit my scheduele. THE million is every week.... and Big and the $$$ are life changing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-23-2007, 01:45 PM

Just wondering if anyone has any theories as to why Stars WOULDN'T want to do this, from a business standpoint?

Only thing I can figure is that they want to have a certain type of satellite that is reserved for truly "special" events. In other words, if they ran Steps to a $215 buyin every single week, it would devalue the "We have an exciting new way to reach the PCA!" type of announcements they can make now. It's hard to make something seem like a special opportunity when it runs 365 days a year.

Not saying it's necessarily a good reason, but it's the best I can come up with off the top of my head.

At any rate I'd play these, FWIW. But Bryan is right when he says there's already like a hundred other ways to reach the Sunday Million, including triple shootouts which are not that much different than Steps.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:52 PM

Setup for STEPS to millions should be simple

Same Set-up at PCA STEPS
*you could fix the numbers to maybe add a micro level at like $1 or $2 dollars thus making it 4 STEPs not 3.

STEP 1-- $7.50
1st: STEP 3
2nd: STEP 3
3rd: STEP 2
4th: T$1.50

STEP 2-- $27
4th: STEP 2
5th: STEP 1

STEP 3-- $82
1st: Sunday Million
2nd: Sunday Million
3rd: STEP 3
4th: STEP 3
5th: STEP 3

1st seat won has to be used in millions.
Multiple seat wins are paid out in T$215
No direct buy-in for STEP 3.

During the $530 and $1050 create a special STEP 4.

These would be running non stop 24/7. Not sure why Stars wouldn't do it.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:59 PM

I hardly ever play the Sunday Million.
I would probably end up playing a ton of them if they had the Steps format as outlined by Charliedontsurf.

Different discussion - but isn't it kind of weird that they added APPT Steps with turbos in the early rounds but they still won't do this for the PCA Steps?
Old 10-23-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just wondering if anyone has any theories as to why Stars WOULDN'T want to do this, from a business standpoint?

Only thing I can figure is that they want to have a certain type of satellite that is reserved for truly "special" events. In other words, if they ran Steps to a $215 buyin every single week, it would devalue the "We have an exciting new way to reach the PCA!" type of announcements they can make now. It's hard to make something seem like a special opportunity when it runs 365 days a year.

Not saying it's necessarily a good reason, but it's the best I can come up with off the top of my head.

At any rate I'd play these, FWIW. But Bryan is right when he says there's already like a hundred other ways to reach the Sunday Million, including triple shootouts which are not that much different than Steps.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could ditch triple shootouts which are essentially DS's for poor people. and just have normal sat, Ds, and STEPS
Old 10-23-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But Bryan is right when he says there's already like a hundred other ways to reach the Sunday Million, including triple shootouts which are not that much different than Steps.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree simply because of what has been said before. Turbo step tourneys take like 45 minutes to play tops, whereas I and many others just dont have the time for a TS and would never enter one. Turbo DS's are still way more time committing at any one time than a step turbo.

As for having to play the actual Sunday mil, Im against that because Im trying to grind out $T from fpps. I know I have that option already but find the steps are just better time wise for me and that they would be running every minute or so. I dont have time to actually commit to a single tourney on the weekend but want to play the million steps. Would be no different than it is now as you can withdraw for $T from every other satellite method and Stars still gets its cut.

Besides you really dont want me playing. Very - EV for y'all ;P
Old 10-23-2007, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Different discussion - but isn't it kind of weird that they added APPT Steps with turbos in the early rounds but they still won't do this for the PCA Steps?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Turbos are way better. I think they will add PCA turbos at some point though. The fact they added them for the APPT shows theyre moving that direction.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Setup for STEPS to millions should be simple

Same Set-up at PCA STEPS
*you could fix the numbers to maybe add a micro level at like $1 or $2 dollars thus making it 4 STEPs not 3.

STEP 1-- $7.50
4th: T$1.50

STEP 2-- $27
4th: STEP 2
5th: STEP 1

STEP 3-- $82
1st: Sunday Million
2nd: Sunday Million
3rd: STEP 3
4th: STEP 3
5th: STEP 2
6th: STEP 2
7th: STEP 1
8th: STEP 1
9th: STEP 1

1st seat won has to be used in millions.
Multiple seat wins are paid out in T$215
No direct buy-in for STEP 3.

During the $530 and $1050 create a special STEP 4.

These would be running non stop 24/7. Not sure why Stars wouldn't do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

FMP

In thinking about this...since STEP 3 is the final level and the ultimate goal is to keep people in the STEPs and thus give them multiple shots to win a STEP 3 and go the millions this is the bet format.

these also should all be turbos