Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: My Sharkscope stats are off by:
Results, please 5 8.20%
0 % 35 57.38%
1-3 % 13 21.31%
4-6 % 2 3.28%
> 6 % 6 9.84%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 02:39 PM

Default Re: We haven\'t won yet: latest (10/19) cliff\'s notes on AP scandal

Someone shoot off an email to gambling911 and Jenny Woo. Lets see if we can get some more pictures from this visit and some identifying information on the people in the photos.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.pocketfives.com/0BE7AAF6-...13DA8D83A.aspx

I received a phone call late last night from someone in the UB/AP system....

" What if the latest release from AP is all that they can give you?" "Are the people causing the most uproar over this going to risk killing online poker just to hang someone?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me put it this way, Tom/AJ/whomever, since I know you're reading this: multiple senior executives at a company *blatantly* cheat their customers, cover it up four times by my count (not just the fact it was them, but the fact that it ever occurred), and then ask whether I'd personally be satisfied with coverup #5 in order to keep the heat off the game as a whole.

What the [censored] am I supposed to do here, guys? You tell me. You're presumably not completely braindead, so let me know at which point I'm supposed to stop calling for blood when I know you still have anything to do with operational control of the company holding lots of people's money. In this happy fun regulation-free ancap paradise world online poker belongs in, nobody's going to jail, but do you think you can possibly see your way around to my side of things, the one where this suggestion you're making is pretty [censored] hilarious?
Old 10-20-2007, 02:42 PM

Default Re: My $.02 about online poker and cheating

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Shane Alan Blackford - 1997 SAE Montana Allum
SAE - MONTANA

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. Least shocking development ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, not exactly groundbreaking bombshell dramabomb type stuff. I knew this one was coming before even looking. Seems like at least 6-8 of the Frat guys that we know of are somehow involved in Absolutes operations.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:44 PM

Default Re: My $.02 about online poker and cheating

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Regarding innovative data solutions :
Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: IDSWORLD.NET
Created on: 08-Oct-03
Expires on: 08-Oct-08
Last Updated on: 21-Nov-03

Administrative Contact:
Blackford, Shane info@idsworld.net
Innovative Data Solutions
SBO 306, 7333 NW 54th Street
Miami, Florida 33166
United States

About Shane Blackford, information found on intelius :
1 SHANE BLACKFORD (Age: 40)

DUPONT, WA
BILLINGS, MT
MISSOULA, MT
LAS VEGAS, NV

[/ QUOTE ]

Shane Alan Blackford - 1997 SAE Montana Allum
SAE - MONTANA

[/ QUOTE ]

is it possible that this guy still lives in/did live in billings?

i know a couple people there that i could ask about knowing him.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:44 PM

All,

I have spoken to a few confidential sources today and, for the first time since this started, I was told a story that would make sense. Part of the story is that Scott Tom was not involved, at least not directly. However, the story also indicates VERY significant negligence on the part of AP's management, including Scott Tom. Management was alerted well before they admitted it publicly (but then again, we knew that much). However, it appears that management was not aware of the issue while the cheating itself was going on. In addition, the story I was told indicates that the geek/hacker "trying to prove a point" thing is not accurate.

While I am not 100% convinced of the above story, it actually makes a lot of sense and the pieces of evidence that I've seen have started to come together.

I am still awaiting the AP statement to see what they have to say.

-Nat
Old 10-20-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.pocketfives.com/0BE7AAF6-...13DA8D83A.aspx

I received a phone call late last night from someone in the UB/AP system....

" What if the latest release from AP is all that they can give you?" "Are the people causing the most uproar over this going to risk killing online poker just to hang someone?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me put it this way, Tom/AJ/whomever, since I know you're reading this: multiple senior executives at a company *blatantly* cheat their customers, cover it up four times by my count (not just the fact it was them, but the fact that it ever occurred), and then ask whether I'd personally be satisfied with coverup #5 in order to keep the heat off the game as a whole.

What the [censored] am I supposed to do here, guys? You tell me. You're presumably not completely braindead, so let me know at which point I'm supposed to stop calling for blood when I know you still have anything to do with operational control of the company holding lots of people's money. In this happy fun regulation-free ancap paradise world online poker belongs in, nobody's going to jail, but do you think you can possibly see your way around to my side of things, the one where this suggestion you're making is pretty [censored] hilarious?

[/ QUOTE ]

Adanthar you do everything you can do hang these guys.

Online poker in the long run will be stronger b/c of it, and thieves will stop being held unaccountable for what they've done.

what they're worried about isn't online poker, but their personal well being. [censored] em
Old 10-20-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hey hold on here. did i not read before that scott tom was one of a few 'frat brothers' that came into absolute?

just need to know where he graduated from and could have a picture within minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.umsae.net/alumni/year/alumni9599.htm

he went to montana
Old 10-20-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what they're worried about isn't online poker, but their personal well being. [censored] em

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-20-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

I have spoken to a few confidential sources today and, for the first time since this started, I was told a story that would make sense. Part of the story is that Scott Tom was not involved, at least not directly. However, the story also indicates VERY significant negligence on the part of AP's management, including Scott Tom. Management was alerted well before they admitted it publicly (but then again, we knew that much). However, it appears that management was not aware of the issue while the cheating itself was going on. In addition, the story I was told indicates that the geek/hacker "trying to prove a point" thing is not accurate.

While I am not 100% convinced of the above story, it actually makes a lot of sense and the pieces of evidence that I've seen have started to come together.

-Nat

[/ QUOTE ]

If you allow them to make dozens of statements, shaking your head at each one along the way, it seems likely they'll eventually be able to craft a pleasing lie.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All,

-Nat

[/ QUOTE ]

If you allow them to make dozens of statements, shaking your head at each one along the way, it seems likely they'll eventually be able to craft a pleasing lie.

[/ QUOTE ]

if it's a lie, we'll just get 37 more emails from insiders about it since AP's not exactly a tight lipped community right now
Closed Thread