Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 05:43 AM

Default Re: Did Glenn Beck just call me a terrorist?

In that Ron Paul- Bill O´Reilly segment Ron Paul states that "we (The US) were allies with Saddam Hussein in the 1980s, and we encouraged him to Invade Iran".

Saddam Hussein´s invasion of Iran happened in September 1980, and President Reagan did not remove Iraq from the list of known terrorist countries until February 1982. The Carter-administration took a largely neutral position on the war after it broke out in 1980.

Ron Paul´s history lesson claims that the US encouraged Saddam Hussein to invade Iran even though it seems like the US had absolutely no involvement in this issue and did not get involved until well after the invasion had taken place.

Don´t think that O´Reilly is the only one who are a bit reluctant to take history lessons from Dr. Paul.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:01 PM

Location: ***yankees offseason thread*** oh and Gd River Ave Blues

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
STFU terrorist.

[/ QUOTE ]
Get 'r' Done and Get 'r' out turrrrist!

[/ QUOTE ]

i just uncovered a whole sleeper cell of them in NORTH CAROLINA!!!
Old 11-14-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In that Ron Paul- Bill O´Reilly segment Ron Paul states that "we (The US) were allies with Saddam Hussein in the 1980s, and we encouraged him to Invade Iran".

Saddam Hussein´s invasion of Iran happened in September 1980, and President Reagan did not remove Iraq from the list of known terrorist countries until February 1982. The Carter-administration took a largely neutral position on the war after it broke out in 1980.

Ron Paul´s history lesson claims that the US encouraged Saddam Hussein to invade Iran even though it seems like the US had absolutely no involvement in this issue and did not get involved until well after the invasion had taken place.

Don´t think that O´Reilly is the only one who are a bit reluctant to take history lessons from Dr. Paul.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats your point? We all know the history, and BOR wasnt denying it. He was prodding RP to provide a direct answer instead of wasting time on what we already know.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If we have to talk about Ron Paul let's see if we can link him to visions of domestic terrorim.

If you are disenfranchised with the government you could be a dangerous threat to the country. You know what we do with your kind in these parts....

[/ QUOTE ]

G. Beck is an idiot. Even he openly admits he is not a journalist, one of the few things in which we are in agreement. In the past, I have watched him off and on but he has really gone off the deep end as of late. No doubt trying anything to increase his ratings. I think the last time I bothered to watch he had some story about G.I. Joe doll, an American hero according to him, was stolen from us because they now made the doll with a blue U.N. helmet, or some such non-sense as that. No one gives a crap what Beck says. I would think the vast majority of Beck’s viewers would not even consider voting for Paul, and those that would vote for him, changed the channel long ago.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats your point? We all know the history, and BOR wasnt denying it. He was prodding RP to provide a direct answer instead of wasting time on what we already know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill knows any real answers would require him to keep his mouth shut for more than 30 seconds, and he also knows that his fan-base would wander off to the convenience store for another twelve pack of Milwaukee's Best if he allowed someone to prattle on for 3 or 4 minutes about "history" 'n stuff.

He doesn't cut people off JUST to make his point easier to make. He also wants to keep his viewers from migrating en mass to TV Land for the Gomer Pyle marathon.

He knows they're always on the verge.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, because the US's friendship and support of Saddam Hussein (and the Taliban while we are at it) has just been beaten to death on Fox News.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:39 PM

I didn't see that piece as that bad for those who don't know about Ron Paul. It is bound to make some people interested.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My point was that Ron Paul implied that his country was involved with a foreign country invading another country, when that was not the case. I for one think top politicians ought to get crucial facts like that right.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My point was that Ron Paul implied that his country was involved with a foreign country invading another country, when that was not the case. I for one think top politicians ought to get crucial facts like that right.

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad...I misinterpreted your last line.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"we (The US) were allies with Saddam Hussein in the 1980s"

This is flat out true.

"we encouraged him to Invade Iran"

This is mostly true and only not true to a semantics nit. Yes, they invaded Iran before we were "friends" with them, but we became friends with them largely because of the invasion and certainly encouraged them to keep up the war with Iran and aided them in doing so. Also, we reopened diplomatic relations with Iraq shortly before the invasion. I'm not much for conspiracies, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if there wasn't some kind of secret negotiations with Iraq to make all this happen.