Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 05:43 PM

Default Re: The cost of Democrats defeatism

[quote How could it be Bush's fault, and how you think I am saying that is beyond me,

[/ QUOTE ]

You said "The broader picture is that this is a tragedy, caused by Bush, mismanaged by Bush, with no end in sight. So any finger pointing must begin with that. " in response to the premise that the perception of cut and run is the cost of defeatism (I dont pin that just on Dems btw).

The fact that the situation is worsened by the perception of cut and run and congributes to it being "such a tragedy", and then blaming the "tragedy" on Bush can imply that the perception of cut and run is Bush's fault as well. Thank you for clarifying that is not what you meant.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How could it be Bush's fault, and how you think I am saying that is beyond me,

[/ QUOTE ]

You said "The broader picture is that this is a tragedy, caused by Bush, mismanaged by Bush, with no end in sight. So any finger pointing must begin with that. " in response to the premise that the perception of cut and run is the cost of defeatism (I dont pin that just on Dems btw).

The fact that the situation is worsened by the perception of cut and run and congributes to it being "such a tragedy", and then blaming the "tragedy" on Bush can imply that the perception of cut and run is Bush's fault as well. Thank you for clarifying that is not what you meant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice. Imagine that... Someone blaming Bush, then saying they didn't, and then having it pointed out in their own post. Now it makes sense. "I said it before I knew what I meant it said. Now that I know what I meant to say after I said it, I now say what I wanted to say before it was pointed out to me. Therefore, I am completely correct in what I was saying after all and this is a overall Right Wing Conspiracy to impune me."

EN
Old 09-07-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How could it be Bush's fault, and how you think I am saying that is beyond me,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice. Imagine that... Someone blaming Bush, then saying they didn't, and then having it pointed out in their own post. Now it makes sense. "I said it before I knew what I meant it said. Now that I know what I meant to say after I said it, I now say what I wanted to say before it was pointed out to me. Therefore, I am completely correct in what I was saying after all and this is a overall Right Wing Conspiracy to impune me."

EN

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, now that you put it that way....

Im totally [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] !
Old 09-07-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My point was that broadly this is Bush's war. He started the car and drove it off the cliff.

[/ QUOTE ]

That clears things up. My bad. Didn't know Iraq began when Bush took the oath. I seriously doubt ANY prez, living, past, present or in the future would want to go to war needlessly or nonchalantly w/o reason. A 4yr term twice isn't enough time to launch a dictatorship and enjoy the fruits of their labor to get there.

EN

[/ QUOTE ]

Saddam trying to kill Bush's daddy seems like more than enough reason for Bush.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My point was that broadly this is Bush's war. He started the car and drove it off the cliff.

[/ QUOTE ]

That clears things up. My bad. Didn't know Iraq began when Bush took the oath. I seriously doubt ANY prez, living, past, present or in the future would want to go to war needlessly or nonchalantly w/o reason. A 4yr term twice isn't enough time to launch a dictatorship and enjoy the fruits of their labor to get there.

EN

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just when I thought you were above this kind of attempt at mind reading.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

EN

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't buy it, but whatevah.

Tossing a SAM at one of our planes while patrolling the NFZ is good enough for me though.

EN
Old 09-07-2007, 07:23 PM

There are 300 million people in the U.S.
We are spending 2.5 billion per week on the Iraq War.

That is $8.30 per person.

Not everyone in the U.S. pays taxes.

Some Americans are probably paying $24.00 a week. Maybe more.

That's based on the funding of the war coming off the top of tax revenues before paying anything else.

Since we were already running a deficit before the war, you have to include interest on the borrowed money to pay for the Iraq War. Therefore, Americans in grade school will be paying for this war.

The cost I've quoted, does not include the costs associated with replacing/overhauling equipment that is being worn out in the desert.

We tried to crush Iran and Iraq by selling them both arms in the hopes they would ruin their own economies in a long war. Looks like we are now doing it to ourselves.

The Industrial Complex is getting rich though. Some got rich running empty trucks up and down the Iraqi road, bilking the U.S. Govt. of millions. Billions have been stolen from the U.S. Govt by U.S. Corporations.

We are fighting the wrong people. We should have hung several C.E.O.s by now. And they know it. That is why they're moving their Corporate Hqts overseas.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:24 PM

Cop...anatta probably should have been more specific but seems obvious he was saying Iraq war is a tragedy. Not that the cut and run talk by the far left Dems and Ron Paul which probably is causing Iraqi's to fear being politically involved is a tragedy
Old 09-07-2007, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cop...anatta probably should have been more specific but seems obvious he was saying Iraq war is a tragedy. Not that the cut and run talk by the far left Dems and Ron Paul which probably is causing Iraqi's to fear being politically involved is a tragedy

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I guess you posted before seeing my post recognizing that.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are 300 million people in the U.S.
We are spending 2.5 billion per week on the Iraq War.

That is $8.30 per person.

Not everyone in the U.S. pays taxes.

Some Americans are probably paying $24.00 a week. Maybe more.

That's based on the funding of the war coming off the top of tax revenues before paying anything else.

Since we were already running a deficit before the war, you have to include interest on the borrowed money to pay for the Iraq War. Therefore, Americans in grade school will be paying for this war.

The cost I've quoted, does not include the costs associated with replacing/overhauling equipment that is being worn out in the desert.

We tried to crush Iran and Iraq by selling them both arms in the hopes they would ruin their own economies in a long war. Looks like we are now doing it to ourselves.

The Industrial Complex is getting rich though. Some got rich running empty trucks up and down the Iraqi road, bilking the U.S. Govt. of millions. Billions have been stolen from the U.S. Govt by U.S. Corporations.

We are fighting the wrong people. We should have hung several C.E.O.s by now. And they know it. That is why they're moving their Corporate Hqts overseas.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear ya. But this is America....Buy now, pay later.