Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2007, 12:07 PM

Default Re: Anyone play Eve-Online? [MMO]

[ QUOTE ]
Syndicate is like pirate central in eve. If there was one region i wouldn't run lowsec missions into that would probably be it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say missioning in Syndicate is safer than in lowsec, tbh. It's a lot easier to see if someone's probing you out -- keep directional scanner up at all times and start scanning when someone hits local. it's easy to stay aligned up to a station, but it's often better to warp to a safespot near the station in case they warped an interdictor to the station to try to bubble you there (warp disrupt probes show on scanner, but you have to turn off the 'use overview settings')

Also if you really want to mission in 0.0 you could try getting standings up with ORE and join up with BGBR/Alektorophobia, who have designs on Outer Ring...

Unless you really dig the LP rewards though, ratting or mining is a lot more worthwhile in 0.0...
Old 04-06-2007, 07:59 AM

So I'm a newb to this and have started producing missles for the hell of it and because the system I'm in didn't have any. I'm seeing folks buy 3 or 4k of these things and wondering what the deal is? Are they selling them somewhere else or something? My price is a little over region standard.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:35 AM

Last time I needed missiles, I bought 25000. I have about 6000 left, so I'll need some more soon.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:25 PM

Yup. I buy 5-25k at a time. Depending on how far from the market i'm using them.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a lot easier to see if someone's probing you out -- keep directional scanner up at all times and start scanning when someone hits local. it's easy to stay aligned up to a station, but it's often better to warp to a safespot near the station in case they warped an interdictor to the station to try to bubble you there (warp disrupt probes show on scanner, but you have to turn off the 'use overview settings')

Also if you really want to mission in 0.0 you could try getting standings up with ORE and join up with BGBR/Alektorophobia, who have designs on Outer Ring...

[/ QUOTE ]
I have no idea what any of this means.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Syndicate is like pirate central in eve. If there was one region i wouldn't run lowsec missions into that would probably be it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say missioning in Syndicate is safer than in lowsec, tbh. It's a lot easier to see if someone's probing you out -- keep directional scanner up at all times and start scanning when someone hits local. it's easy to stay aligned up to a station, but it's often better to warp to a safespot near the station in case they warped an interdictor to the station to try to bubble you there (warp disrupt probes show on scanner, but you have to turn off the 'use overview settings')

Unless you really dig the LP rewards though, ratting or mining is a lot more worthwhile in 0.0...

[/ QUOTE ]

I just started doing some ratting in 0.0 in a cruiser. Been blown up a few times by other players, but my setup is so cheap I came out a little ahead in ISK. Loads more fun than higher sec ratting (F1, F2, F3, F4, pop, repeat...)

Last night I decided to try something different as I was tired of getting blown up. Fitted my Rifter (have taken out 0.0 battle cruisers with it but its takes so long to pop them) with a WCS, Stabs, MWD, and a rack of salvagers. Over 2Km/sec with the MWD and dual stabbed it aligns fast.

I made more in a hour salvaging than I could ratting in the cruiser. And If I got popped, I'd be out about 300K after insurance. I made about 6 mil salvaging in an hour.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:12 PM

Nice chigger that sounds like a good change. I fought my second carrier last night. Fun time, killed a hac, bs and bc and lost my raven. But the raven had a veeeery cheap fit. Maybe worth 3mil total after hull and insurance costs.

Engagement goes like this:

We fly to RISE territory to [censored] some bitches up. Most of the group is drunk or high since apparently this is a SLOSH op. I am the only bs in the gang which i find out about halfway there (i'm too lazy to check and see what everyone else is flying). Supposedly there is someone on station who is aggressed so we jump the gate and warp our gang of about 30 there. He docks while we are in warp. Booo. We send scouts to belts and nearby stations.

We find a couple of bses on one next door. Warp to the gate, as we get there we hear they docked. Boo. Warp back to station and some people that popped out dock again. We make some safe spots and chill in them for 5 minutes with a scout on station to give them time to hopefully form some [censored] up so we can make with the pew pew. Then we hear the magical words: the carrier has undocked!

30 people insta warping to the station, orders are out to bump it, nothing else at station so it is primary gogogo. We get it bumped away from the undock point and it calls in for reinforcements. A few bses start landing on top of us, a hac and some bcs and frigates. First primary is the hac since most of our gang is cruisers and he can probably insta pop them.

It takes me a bit of time to swap since i still had cruises pouring into the carrier so i'm halfway down the damage list on the hac [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. The next target is a dominix, yess. My kind of target. Turn on the cruise missiles and hit the secondary target with 3x sensor damps. Also got a point on him with my warp scram just in case no frigates locked him down. He lasts about 20 seconds. Midway through i become primary target for their side. A brutix, megathron, hurricane and caracal target me.

The mega was like 80km off with 425mm railgun II's, the brutix and caracal both had valkies on me, in addition to heavy missiles out of the caracal. The hurricane lit me up with 220mm vulcan autocannon II's. The hurricane was our next primary and goes down quickly, but that doesn't stem the flow of damage enough and my LAR can't keep up with the damage chewing into m armor. [censored]. I'm in structure at this point so i start clicking a gate to warp off too as soon as i'm in my pod. I lag out a bit as i die and come close to getting podded but make it out safely. A couple of inties, one more bs and about 10 fighters die after i do. Our side gets wiped out other than a caracal and one other cruiser. We wiped out something like 800mil worth of [censored] from them for total losses of maybe 250mil on our side. Half of that is from the raven hull i lost.

Overall a fun engagement and the first battleship i've lost in pvp (other than getting ganked by tyc recon [censored] at a gate once).
Old 04-12-2007, 03:57 PM

Ok, I reactivated my old account. I can't remember where I am at in space, but I have two characters, a 4.5M SP cruiser pilot and a 1.5M SP mining alt. I would lean toward joining either a 2+2 corp, or the SA forum corp, or even the PA one. Where are most 2+2'ers? I need a break from WoW anyways. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pancho
Old 04-12-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ok, I reactivated my old account. I can't remember where I am at in space, but I have two characters, a 4.5M SP cruiser pilot and a 1.5M SP mining alt. I would lean toward joining either a 2+2 corp, or the SA forum corp, or even the PA one. Where are most 2+2'ers? I need a break from WoW anyways. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pancho

[/ QUOTE ]

Join the twoplustwo channel in game. The PA corp is Merch Industrial (MRCHI), the SA is Goonfleet/Goonswarm (OHGOD/LWTAX). Twoplustwo doesn't have a corp of its own but maybe some of our guys should start one. There are no 2p2ers in goonfleet that i know of, but two of us are in the PA corp. However most of the drunk people in the trip report i listed above were goons.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:16 PM

Ok, will do. I will probably spend most of tonight patching though..... I wish I had joined SA forums long ago. I have followed that site for 6+ years, but never even used the forums. No Goonfleet since you gotta be registered for 3 months there. So its Groon or hook up with you. Is MRCHI allied with goonfleet? I want to help kill BoB! That is the whole reason for even joining. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pancho