Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 12:43 PM

Default NL 10 - KK all in on a low flop

To give you my thought process real fast, I know that I should always try to get KK all in pf... so after the flop when I didn't see any aces, I shoved.

Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): $0.98
BB: $3.49
UTG: $5.05
CO: $7.29
BTN: $2.07

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
UTG calls $0.02, <font color="red">CO raises to $0.12</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.26</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $0.24, CO calls $0.14

Flop: ($0.80) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.08</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $0.16</font>, CO calls $0.16, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.24</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $0.98</font>, CO calls $0.82, Hero calls $0.48 and is All-In

Now before you read on... was this a good call? Shoving here?... okay continue

Turn: ($3.48) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players - 1 is All-In)
<font color="red">UTG bets $3.81 and is All-In</font>, CO folds

River: ($3.48) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 are All-In)

Results: $3.48 Pot ($0.15 Rake)
Hero showed K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (two pair, Kings and Fives) and LOST (-$0.98 NET)
UTG showed 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a full house, Sixes full of Fives) and WON $3.33 (+$2.09 NET)

I have the results here so I can get some help on whether this was a bad move or just a bad beat
Old 10-21-2007, 01:06 PM

Default Re: NL 10 - KK all in on a low flop

Betting 8 cents into an 80 cent pot with an big overpair is ridiculous.

Once that flop comes out you shove your stack in and whatever happens happens. You do not have even close to enough chips to think about folding this hand post flop.

If these guys want to draw then make it as expensive as possible of them. Don't worry about the tmies you are beat because you will be losing your money on every one of those hands regardless.

On this hand he flopped a set on you in a 40 BB pot while you flopped an overpair of Kings with &lt;a pot sized bet remaining in your stack. GG sixes, nothing you can do.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:15 PM

you pf 3bet is barely a minraise. Make it like 0.4 preflop. You are announcing that you hve a big hand yet allowing people with smaller pp's in too cheaply. why are you betting 10% of the pot on the flop??!! Your only move is open shoving there.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are announcing that you hve a big hand yet allowing people with smaller pp's in too cheaply.

[/ QUOTE ]meh guy who hit a set made a horrible mistake preflop given the odds since he only got ~5:1. But I agree, raise to $.36 and just open push the flop. You're not going to find a fold with KK in any pot where your stack size is &lt; the pot size.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:29 PM

I agree with all the above, so i'm not adding anything new really.

Bet around 36c preflop (around 3x the original raise)

Push the flop. Around a pot sized bet I think is optimal, and you've got around that left in your stack.