Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 02:25 AM

Default Re: November [censored] thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can't help but grin when people count carbs as a bonus. It's probably the hardest type of food to avoid even if you wanted to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be jealous just because my enchilada dinner with cheese, refired beans, and delicious rice and two cokes will help my performance and help me lose weight. With hard work and commitment, even you can attain this level of self delusion with the right dedication.

[/ QUOTE ]
WORKINGOUTEATINGRIGHTOMGLOL

what? I dunno.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:34 AM

I strained a muscle in my lower back (high reps of heavy deadlifts ftw) in early/mid september, at least that's what my doctor called it. I saw him like 3 weeks ago, he gave me a pain medication that did nothing and told me not to exercise. After one week of that and no change I just started exercising again and was comfortable with the possible outcomes:
this small sensation of pain during certain bending activities/times of day
it will eventually go away

So far this week it's been getting better each day.
Point of the story: back injuries are very hard to diagnose/treat.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BLECH I just threw out my whole tub of MetRx chocolate flavored, that stuff is so foul I can't drink it. It was super cheap at Trader Joe's and I thought I'd try it, what a waste.

[/ QUOTE ]
yea i made the mistake of buying the same stuff..chocolate flavor and its horrific tasting even mixing it juice. The Aspartime also is way too intense for me and gives me a 2-3 hour buzz then a nasty headache. If I'm going to supplement with some protein powder I need a supplement without Aspartime(Phenylalanne).
Old 11-12-2007, 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

what? I dunno.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry there is only so much time eating beef jerkey, turkey, drinking water, and dragging myself out of my gym back to my apt. before I go insane and have to eat enchiladas and take 2 days off.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

what? I dunno.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry there is only so much time eating beef jerkey, turkey, drinking water, and dragging myself out of my gym back to my apt. before I go insane and have to eat enchiladas and take 2 days off.

[/ QUOTE ]
hey man, I eat carne asada pretty much daily.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BLECH I just threw out my whole tub of MetRx chocolate flavored, that stuff is so foul I can't drink it. It was super cheap at Trader Joe's and I thought I'd try it, what a waste.

[/ QUOTE ]
yea i made the mistake of buying the same stuff..chocolate flavor and its horrific tasting even mixing it juice. The Aspartime also is way too intense for me and gives me a 2-3 hour buzz then a nasty headache. If I'm going to supplement with some protein powder I need a supplement without Aspartime(Phenylalanne).

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too, they put that crap in everything these days and not always in small amounts. I've had to throw away a few products that had aspartame or I get the headachy thing too, sometimes also get spacey.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so about 4 days ago i pulled a muscle (i think) in my lower back doing deadlifts. i feel better now, definitely not all the way better though (ie, not up to squats or deadlifts). must i wait until i'm absolutely 100% to start again, or should i go a little lighter? what's standard protocol for coming back off a back injury?

[/ QUOTE ]

I pulled my lower back about 3 weeks ago. My physical therapist says lifting weights should help recovery, you just have to be really careful not to overdo it. Start out with 50% of your normal weight and wait and see how you'll feel in the morning. Take the opportunity to really focus on perfect form cause that will help in preventing future injuries and aggrivating the current one.

Don't trust how you're feeling while working out cause your muscles will be warm and you've got adrenaline pumping that will mask the pain.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:03 PM

Shameless attention whore post:

Could somebody plz read and respond to my Q's in my log. kthx bai.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:28 PM

wow.. worst day working out for me in a long time.

i was looking to do a 4 mile run at my intended turkey trot 10k pace of 7:30/mile.

Prior to running, in order to keep my strength up, I did 2 sets of 7 pullups just because, then i did 3x10 dumbbell thrusters, 3x10 bench press, 3x12 weighted situps on incline bench.

It was my first time doing thrusters and i was on my toes and my form was horrible...it was really bad. I think i need to work on my flexibility so I can do the squat with my heels completely on the ground.

Bench press was weak, but I got through it.

Situps were okay.

Then the run was pathetic, which is the most important part because i am actually going for performance. I struggled to get to 2 miles. Hopefully this was just a result of 2 days off from working out and 4 days off from running + the thrusters.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:22 AM

I overlifted today doing forearms, upper arms, and shoulders and am really gonna suffer the next few days =/ didn't pull anything though, gonna work through it