Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 08:52 PM

Default Re: What do you do to get motivated and stay motivated?

Get an intense workout partner.

But you don't sound very intense yourself, so you probably wouldn't be able to hang.

Find some intensity then. You've got to have _some_ survival instinct right? Channel that into your workouts.

If you're gonna half-ass it, you might as well just go play tennis (not that there's anything wrong with that).
Old 11-09-2007, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Get an intense workout partner.

But you don't sound very intense yourself, so you probably wouldn't be able to hang.

Find some intensity then. You've got to have _some_ survival instinct right? Channel that into your workouts.

If you're gonna half-ass it, you might as well just go play tennis (not that there's anything wrong with that).

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes me laugh.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:37 AM

I dont really have a choice I'm miserable and moody if I dont stay in shape specifically aerobic training.

Not sure I felt the same way when when all I did was lift when I was younger but swimming and running definetly smooth out the edges.

I dont think vanity is as much a factor as the ability to be functional using your own strenght in your day to day routine also a genuine appreciation of the power and beauty of the human body makes it much easier to stay in shape...
Old 11-10-2007, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont really have a choice I'm miserable and moody if I dont stay in shape specifically aerobic training.

Not sure I felt the same way when when all I did was lift when I was younger but swimming and running definetly smooth out the edges.

I dont think vanity is as much a factor as the ability to be functional using your own strenght in your day to day routine also a genuine appreciation of the power and beauty of the human body makes it much easier to stay in shape...

[/ QUOTE ]

good guy---good point.

i forgot to mention that i think that exercise keeps me off depression meds. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

if you knew me irl you would never ever ever think this to be the case, but i really think the the benefits of aerobic exercise specifically keep me chemically balanced. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

mental health maybe be one of the key motivating factors for more people than we think. later. J.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:27 PM

Default Re: On motivation...

think of all the benefits of working out and staying healthy
u live longer and have better life
u level of concentration and focus will be better
your body looks nicer and can attract girls easier

^_^