Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2007, 01:15 AM

Default Want 5 figure swings in ur homegame? Click 2 learn more (sick game)

The name of the game is called Puppet (or as I like to call it, puppet of death)

You start with a fixed ante, in our case tonight $5.

Everyone receives 2 down cards and antes their $5. A seperate two cards (belonging to the Puppet) are also in play.

Everyone decides whether they are in or out by the following: Everyone places a single chip in their palm, and counts "1...2....3...go" and if they are in, they drop the chip down to the table.

Those who are in run their cards out hold'em style against each other, and the puppet. If you win, you get the pot. If you lose, you pay the pot. The game ends when a single player volunteers in the game and defeats the puppet. If the puppet defeats everyone, everyons pays the pot. Whoever wins gets the pot. Simple concept, I think.

pbdrunks gave us this blessed game, and it basically dictated everyone's night in the homegame. I was immediately stuck $5,000 when my A4o could not beat the puppet's 93o (the puppet also defeated yellowsub's J4 in the same hand). Yellowsub proceeded to win the next pot against the puppet, making back for his losses. I am still stuck $5k. Gah!

Dont ask me how a $5 ante five ways turns into a $5k pot, but it happens and it's nasty. Somehow I got back even on the night thanks to Gut and 5/5/15 NLHE/PLO (greatest feeling ever). One player in our home game was up $8,000 and ended the night down a few thousand, all thanks to Puppet.

Anyways, if seeing your friends lose large sums of money makes you very happy, learn the game Puppet. It is the most evil thing ever invented.