Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 12:24 AM

Default You make the call! Floor decision time...

Bay 101 $40/$80 game. $10 red chip game.

Crazy loose aggressive bordering on maniac MP raises (raises most hands folded to him), next guy (NG) calls by putting 2 red chips and a lot of $5 yellow chips (triggering the initial confusion), I’m next to act and fold my cheese, folds to SB who puts in 2 red chips, BB checks.

Dealer flops:

T 9 8 rainbow. SB checks, BB checks, MP lights up a little and bets, NG calls, SB tells the floor to come over and notes something is wrong with the pot. He said he didn’t notice the pot was raised. MP, obviously loving the flop, wants the hands in the blinds folded and to continue the action. Floor is called over. Says the flop must come back and the action is returned to pre-flop where blinds must decide to call or fold. MP is livid. The flop is turned face down. Now SB folds his hand, but BB knowing he’s going to see a different flop, calls the pre-flop raise. Now dealer is instructed to put the flop aside and out of play! And then use the next three card from the stub as the flop Q 9 5 rainbow (or something to that effect). MP is now really livid!

Floor said the flop cards will be reshuffled in the deck after the flop, but MP can’t be consoled.

He contends that if the flop doesn’t play, at least the 3 flop cards should be shuffled before a new flop is produced. At this point I figure this to be a bloody and time consuming mess (thank God it wasn’t a time collection game) and leave and talk to Haakee playing the $100/$200 game for a good 10 minutes looking back and forth while the 3 new flop cards were never moved and no turn and river were produced for quite some time.

I finally returned after 10-12 minutes to get the next hand.

So what’s the right call?

Garland
Old 09-20-2007, 12:27 AM

Default Re: You make the call! Floor decision time...

Have a better dealer preflop.

This situation is so retarded/never should have happened I honestly have no idea what should be done. Pretty much anything I can think of is going to leave someone at least a little unhappy here. Starting the hand over from MP's pfr seems a bit absurd considering how much action has taken place already. But if that isn't done then the people that didn't put in enough chips can now angle their way into a good spot by having seen the flop cheaply and then choosing to put in the extra chips for the preflop raise. Killing the hands of those that didn't put in enough will leave them unhappy too.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:08 AM

There is no raise. If multple people (blinds, dealer, and OP) proceed as if there was no raise the raiser needs to point out he raised.

edit: this is incorrect, it was pointed out to me later in the threa that I misread the OP. -RR
Old 09-20-2007, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Crazy loose aggressive bordering on maniac MP raises, next guy calls, folds to SB who puts in 2 red chips, BB checks.

[/ QUOTE ]

As pointed out, it's hard to proceed when there's a raise and a check. The raiser should definitely have protected his interest in the hand by making it clear that he raised (again, as already stated).

As for the floor's decision, it would seem only fair that at the very least, the cards from the original flop should be shuffled back into the deck and a completely new flop be dealt.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:26 AM

If they're going to redeal the flop, how in the world are they not shuffling the three cards back into the deck?
Old 09-20-2007, 01:43 AM

Because the floor is incompetent?

RR is correct, of course. It is incumbent upon the raiser to protect his own action.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:24 AM

Take MP's raise out of the pot and continue the hand.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:21 AM

Wow did they do nothing right.

It should have been ruled a non-raise preflop. I'm thinking as such, the "raiser" gets a refund of his raise from the pot. The flop and action should still be the same, and action continues...
Old 09-20-2007, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is no raise. If multple people (blinds, dealer, and OP) proceed as if there was no raise the raiser needs to point out he raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely correct and if I were MP I'd be livid.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:26 PM

so ng didnt put in 12 yellows? if he did thats probly why the sb may not have seen the 2 reds with them. he gets a cheap flop and if he wants to call would have to make up the difference