Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Bellagio Last Weekend - Mid-Limit Poker

[ QUOTE ]
I was also at the Bellagio and the Wynn last weekend, but I played mostly 30/60 at both.

Without getting into too much detail, the games sucked. They were filled with locals and out of town pro's. I'm convinced every Swedish man is awesome at poker and has a hot girlfriend.

These games were fundamentally different than the 20/40 games I'm used to in AC. I guess I'm spoiled.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lol'd
Old 10-02-2007, 02:12 PM

It seems to me that Vegas mid limts would be tough when you think about it.
-The total tourist newbie donks will be playing no-limit.
-The guys that want to try limit will probably play the lowest limit offered at each place.

Who does that leave for mid limits probably either;
A) Local limit pros
B) Out of towners from places that specialize in limit (LA,AZ,MN,AC) and seek out the mid limit games.

This is just a theory as I don't live in Vegas just visit 2 to 3 times a year but would love to hear what locals think about it.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:24 PM

The players in vegas arent particularly good they are just weak and usually tight so there isnt much profit to be made.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The players in vegas arent particularly good they are just weak and usually tight so there isnt much profit to be made.

[/ QUOTE ]

Weak-tight I could have dealt with. These guys were mostly tight-aggressive. It wasn't like these were the toughest games I've ever played in, but there really weren't any soft spots. Not the Bellagio 15 I've seen before.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Weak-tight I could have dealt with. These guys were mostly tight-aggressive. It wasn't like these were the toughest games I've ever played in, but there really weren't any soft spots. Not the Bellagio 15 I've seen before.

[/ QUOTE ]

weak-tight players are often aggressive when they think they have the best hand, they can be like a cyclops; they forget to look at your possible holdings because they only have eyes for their own hands. This is how they mentally compensate for the losses they see from playing so weak most of the time.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a few Vegas locals....white guys in their early -mid 30's...that normally lag it up pretty good. When they are hitting, they look like the most awesome players in the world. Because of the weak/tightness of other players, they often are not showing the crap they play. The correct strategy against these guys is to of course call down far more than you normally would as they will fold if you show counter aggression, but will cheerfully bluff to the end if you let them. No one else at the Bellagio 15 adjusts correctly though. One night I came to the table, and apparently 2 of these guys had been steamrolling the table. The only other good player....a youngish russian that I think has moved on to the $30-60....was gettting run down by them. But after I sat down, and started paying off on the river....with the russian player also adjusting correctly.....it made it more difficult for them to push hands post flop. Anyway, both of them dropped 3 racks, were sad and droopy faced, and playing like tilted angry donkeys by the time we got done with them. And each of these guys I'm describing will go on mega monkey tilt if you give them the chance. Really red faced and all. And they(there are about 5 of them) are all regulars in the Bellagio $15-30.

The real factor that works for them is when the tables play ridiculously tight. They raise a LOT pf and push hard post flop. Since no one looks them up, a new player to the game won't realize what is going on. They encourage the games to be tight, and it can look like a tight aggressive table when in reality its a bunch of tighty weakies and a couple lags running the show.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a few Vegas locals....white guys in their early -mid 30's...that normally lag it up pretty good. When they are hitting, they look like the most awesome players in the world. Because of the weak/tightness of other players, they often are not showing the crap they play. The correct strategy against these guys is to of course call down far more than you normally would as they will fold if you show counter aggression, but will cheerfully bluff to the end if you let them. No one else at the Bellagio 15 adjusts correctly though. One night I came to the table, and apparently 2 of these guys had been steamrolling the table. The only other good player....a youngish russian that I think has moved on to the $30-60....was gettting run down by them. But after I sat down, and started paying off on the river....with the russian player also adjusting correctly.....it made it more difficult for them to push hands post flop. Anyway, both of them dropped 3 racks, were sad and droopy faced, and playing like tilted angry donkeys by the time we got done with them. And each of these guys I'm describing will go on mega monkey tilt if you give them the chance. Really red faced and all. And they(there are about 5 of them) are all regulars in the Bellagio $15-30.

The real factor that works for them is when the tables play ridiculously tight. They raise a LOT pf and push hard post flop. Since no one looks them up, a new player to the game won't realize what is going on. They encourage the games to be tight, and it can look like a tight aggressive table when in reality its a bunch of tighty weakies and a couple lags running the show.

[/ QUOTE ]

perfect explanation, very true.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:26 PM

did u spot black teddy?? If so, please tell of interaction..