Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 12:20 PM

Default Bellagio Last Weekend - Mid-Limit Poker

I just got back from a routine weekend in Vegas...played two sessions at the Bellagio 15/30 in prime hours (Friday night, Saturday night) and one early morning session at Mirage 10/20. The games at the B were very mediocre (read: no fish) and the 10/20 was shorthanded and quite tough. Was this an anomaly, or has something changed such that these games - especially the 15/30 at Bellagio - are no longer juicy? I've found my mid-limit play to be increasingly difficult the last couple of times I've been in Vegas, so I'm wondering if the fish have all moved over to NL, or if I just caught some rough tables.

On the plus side, the floorpeople at the B were all very polite - that was a pleasant surprise.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Bellagio Last Weekend - Mid-Limit Poker

This is disappointing to hear as I will be in Vegas Oct 13th and plan on playing at those limits. I am particularly interested in that 10/20 at Mirage. What hour of the night/early morning were you in there? They only had one shorthanded 10/20 game going on a Fri/Sat night?
Thanks for the info.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They only had one shorthanded 10/20 game going on a Fri/Sat night?
Thanks for the info.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
and one early morning session at Mirage 10/20.

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker is in off season right now in Vegas. It's been dead or slower than normal most places.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:44 PM

Thanks Photoc
I know it kind of slows down after the WSOP but when does it usually pick back up?
It would seem like it would start to get more busy in mid Oct with more conventions and such coming in.
Is that usually the case?
Thanks
Old 10-01-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is disappointing to hear as I will be in Vegas Oct 13th and plan on playing at those limits. I am particularly interested in that 10/20 at Mirage. What hour of the night/early morning were you in there? They only had one shorthanded 10/20 game going on a Fri/Sat night?
Thanks for the info.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair, it was about 4AM on Saturday night (i.e. Sunday morning). But it was four-handed, all solid players.

The Bellagio was more disappointing.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It would seem like it would start to get more busy in mid Oct with more conventions and such coming in.
Is that usually the case?
Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds about right. September always sucks because most regular tourists have children and they're just going back to school. Football season just started, so the betting isn't hot and heavy like it is midway through the season, there is no NCAA basketball, and most of the conventions right now are just filler for hotel rooms. Rooms are cheap if you know where to look, or do any type of searching at all online. I find it funny when I hear people bitch they just paid 200/night for a room mid strip and another guy says "really, I just got it for 79 on the net" and I just laugh [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2007, 02:06 PM

Another thing that might be a factor..........earlier this year I played at Bellagio every night on a 3 night trip. The $15-30 games were good enough, but nothing spectacular. I arrived back to LA to reports of 2-3 tables of fish at Wynn $15-30 all weekend [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

I hadn't even though to drop in there. Its an anomaly for sure, but I should have at least checked.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:23 PM

Mirage's 10-20 is extremely variable. Sometimes it is quite soft, othertime it is an extremely tough game. I have played at all hours and haven't been able to detect a pattern.

Bellagio's 15-30 has been really juicy during the week during the day. I have avoided Bellagio on the weekends because the waits tend to be real long.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:40 PM

I'm for sure in the minority here but I think the 15 at Bellagio is way overrated. The games might be better than Wynn overall but it's a small enough difference that I really haven't noticed it on the occasional times I make it over to the B. There's a lot of variance in game conditions from night to night. Some nights are awesome, others suck. And that goes for any room in Vegas.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:18 PM

I was also at the Bellagio and the Wynn last weekend, but I played mostly 30/60 at both.

Without getting into too much detail, the games sucked. They were filled with locals and out of town pro's. I'm convinced every Swedish man is awesome at poker and has a hot girlfriend.

These games were fundamentally different than the 20/40 games I'm used to in AC. I guess I'm spoiled.