Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 11:42 PM

Default Re: The Engineer is yellow...

[ QUOTE ]
Orange is an available color and easier on the eyes than yellow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you all agree now? Thanks Mat.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't care how embarassing or industry heavy the finances are now. Come clean, show it, open it up to democratic processes. Im happy to work with it, and to give some money, but in no way will I vouch for it as representing the interests of players. The enemy of my enemby is my friend.
Neutral. However you want to say it. "We" are still waiting to make an "Us".

[/ QUOTE ]

When I say "we" I refer to all of the various "us"s involved in this little effort.

I read somewhere recently about the futileness of actually striving for the ideal as a goal. If you do not apporach your goals with reality as your means of achievement then you are doomed at the start.

The PPA has in no way "earned" my full endorsement, not that it is even intrested in it, but I do know I've shown up for almost every event and participated in almost every activity. I've also retained my right to critize only when I have a viable solution to discuss.

No I know this is no where the ideal, but pratical IMO.

D$D
Old 11-11-2007, 12:20 AM

Hi JP:

We asked TE not to post anymore unless he identified himself as a PPA board member, but he continued to ignore our request. But he'll be able to post again tomorrow if he so chooses.

The compromise that we have implemented is to yellow his posting name and change his identity to "PPA Board Member." This was done so that all posters, especially new ones, will be aware of his position.

By the way, asking him to identify himself as a PPA board member in such a way that everyone sees this is the case, in my opinion, is good publicity for the PPA and helps to promote the organization.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 11-11-2007, 01:19 AM

Mason, I personally don't find your solution to be unreasonable, but as someone stated earlier... yellow??

Its a little hard on the eyes. OK, its hideous. This may seem trivial, but is the color up for negotiation at least?

And no, we're never satisfied.

Thanks
Old 11-11-2007, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mason, I personally don't find your solution to be unreasonable, but as someone stated earlier... yellow??

Its a little hard on the eyes. OK, its hideous. This may seem trivial, but is the color up for negotiation at least?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been changed to orange.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 11-11-2007, 01:55 AM

Mason, your solution seems fine to me. I never really took any side in this dispute. I like the orange rather than the yellow. I hope that TE posts here in the future.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:19 AM

I'll tell you this much. I NEED TE's continued work to motivate me. Yeah, I guess I'm a child and need that stuff. So, I just seriously hope that TE continues his hard work in this very forum.

ps. As always, coming from a lurker it won't mean much...but Skallagrim is also great!
Old 11-11-2007, 03:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can understand how he does not wish to start each post with a disclaimer that the post is not an official statement of the PPA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although you might understand why he wouldn't want to have such a disclaimer in each post, would you also understand why/if he refused to? That is, why giving up posting here because of dislike of the disclaimer was more important than just considering it the price of working for the cause? All he has to do is tap a preprogrammed function key to add it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluff, would you also be willing to please sign every post you make with your title?

BluffTHIS
Mason Malmuth
Shill Extraordinaire

It would clarify to everyone immediately exactly where it is you're coming from.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:08 AM

Not_So_Coy_Roy,

I'm not a shill for Mason but he and I do agree on most (but not all if you would read the fine points of previous debates) issues of the board makeup and transparency as they relate to the PPA. And I think it should be obvious to anyone that as this is his website, he can do as he pleases with it.

BluffTHIS!
His own man
Not affiliated with Bluff Mag or any other organization/person with "Bluff" in their title/name
Old 11-13-2007, 01:32 AM

TE has done more than most for the movement to fully legalize poker, and has certainly done more than you Mason, the way you are treating him is horrible. He has clearly stated that he is our voice to the PPA, not the PPA's voice. He shouldn't have to have something telling people he is representing PPA when he is certainly not their voice.