Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2006, 12:19 PM

Default Re: Waiting in line for PS3

[ QUOTE ]

Duh... if you could buy as many as you wanted, there would only be one person in line.

[/ QUOTE ]

many places allowed u to buy multiple 360s last year, yet there were multiple people in line
Old 10-09-2006, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Duh... if you could buy as many as you wanted, there would only be one person in line.

[/ QUOTE ]

many places allowed u to buy multiple 360s last year, yet there were multiple people in line

[/ QUOTE ]
I would think these places are few and far between. Most reputable retailers will limit it to one per person. As far as I know every place in my area was 1 per.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:27 PM

I have no idea what kinds of rules there are on selling these things, or what kind of agreements are in place between the manufacturers and the retailers, but what keeps the retailers from selling these consoles for $1k apiece, or even higher? Everyone knows a good portion of the people waiting line are just looking to resell, so it seems like the retailers are losing out by only charging $600, or whatever it is.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:23 PM

Is there another supply coming a few months later? Supply will eventually catch up to demand won't it?
Old 10-09-2006, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there another supply coming a few months later? Supply will eventually catch up to demand won't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but some people don't want to wait.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah but thats not until after xmas, and they will be in short supply until the spring of 07. Also I would think most ppl who buy a ps3 will keep it. Sure ppl will be ebaying the crap out of these, but not a majority of the 400,000 units. Most ppl have been waiting forever for these, and they won't be giving them up. I'm not 100% sure I'll sell mine (since I have a 360), but it seems dumb not to. Btw there is no way my buddy will sell his....he cant wait to play it.

Some online places were selling 360's at higher than suggested price....they were gouging ppl. However I would think thats a big no-no for big retailers to do. Some Best Buys were forcing bundles on anyone who wanted to buy a 360. Ppl complained and I believe some heads rolled. Toys r Us however did force bundles at every store and online. While they didnt gouge ppl, they did force them to buy items that they didn't want. This put a horrible taste in the mouths of most consumers, and I would think this hurts companies in the long run.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Assuming that the PS3 launch numbers are relatively close to the numbers of Xbox 360's, how many hours in advance would you need to wait in order to be guaranteed one?

I am thinking probably 15-20 since I was one of the last people for 360 and I waited 9.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice life...
Old 10-10-2006, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Assuming that the PS3 launch numbers are relatively close to the numbers of Xbox 360's, how many hours in advance would you need to wait in order to be guaranteed one?

I am thinking probably 15-20 since I was one of the last people for 360 and I waited 9.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice life...

[/ QUOTE ]
If you're not being cute and sarcastic ignore the rest otherwise, who the [censored] are you to pass judgement on someone's life because they would like to spend 20 hours making the easiest $35/hr ever.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nice life...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if you've noticed, but you're in the MONEY MAKING forum. But thanks for the post, Ace!
Old 10-12-2006, 02:58 PM

i've heard that waiting in line is going to be pointless, since retailers will be entirely sold out through the pre-sales. i've also talked to an acquaintance who works at a best buy, and he said they're only getting 50 for the entire holiday season, and the best bet is to start camping out 48 hours in advance since only a small number of those will be available on the release date.