Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2006, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Where did you get your name? (NC)

[ QUOTE ]
http://froogle.google.com/froogle?hl=en&...mp;q=dustbuster

[/ QUOTE ]

But why????? There has to be some sort of back story here, right?
Old 07-03-2006, 02:18 PM

Im not original. JA are my first two initials, and feather's the start of my last name. I've used this as my username for years before I started playing poker. It's my screen name on the first two sites I played online, but then I started finding that there's another jafeather out there who has that screen name on like every site in the world. Never seen him/her play, though...so I have an different SN on most sites.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It was what I was listening to when I won my first pot online. (Lacrymosa = teardrop...teardrop from Massive Attack on Mezzanine Album)

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice to know other players have good taste in music
Old 07-03-2006, 02:28 PM

A friend used to have an email address that was zero0@something and back when I was about 4 years old I thought that was cool, and since I play guitar I took guitarist in Finnish (kitaristi) and smacked a 0 on the end.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:28 PM

i used to play age of empires II: the conquerors quite a bit. my handle on there was agent_orange_ , which eventually just became orange. not really sure why i made the name agent_orange_ in the first place, it just looked cool.

plus my favorite team is the FL gators.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:50 PM

RUSSIAN BEAR-->I like this thread

AJ-->Thanks for letting it go
Old 07-03-2006, 02:54 PM

When i was younger, i was really into 311. I was also really into Japanese culture... so i took the 311 song "Omaha Stylee" and turned it into SamuraiStylee. I used that for all my online needs until a few years ago, when i just shortened it to SamuraiDan (my first name). When i registered for Party Poker, that was taken, so i merged it with another musical interest of mine, Mr. Bungle and the song Platypus... So I became PlatyraiDan. Then, when i came here, i figured i'd just drop the Dan and become... Samurai Platypus, which conjures up some awesome mental images that my lack of artistic ability prevents me from transferring to digital form.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:56 PM

When I first started playing live lowstakes limit poker, a few players would refer to me as 'King Raise' or 'Sir raise-a-lot' since I raised much more than the average player. (I was just using SSHE, but I guess it hadn't hit the world by storm yet.)
It became a joke about how often I would raise. I figured it would be good for my roll to project this crazy raising image (especially since they were hardly ever bluffs). I hated the doucheocity level of the other 2 names, so I just started saying, "It's my turn to raise," everytime I raised the 5/10 game. It sort of caught on.
Old 07-03-2006, 04:00 PM

No, it's NOT from the U2 song.

There was a video game called Primal Rage, and there was a character called "Vertigo". The game sucked, but the name was cool, so I started using it as a handle.

The 50? Well, as luck would have it, there were already 49 Vertigo's on here. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Ok, actually, it has to do with my lucky numbers.
Old 07-03-2006, 04:03 PM

Wanted "The Grouch", wasnt available.
Thought to use "Oscar the Grouch", was'nt available.
Thought to use "Grouch in a Can" wasn't available.

Got sick of thinking about it, selected a few random letters from my original choices, slapped them together in two words (My name was "GrunchCan" for a long time), hit OK and off to the races...

People started saying "grunching" a lot, asking if that was me, so i changed the name then to "The Grunch" so as to proactively answer that question. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]