Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2006, 09:32 PM

Default A very confusing situation in 10$ NL. Take a look at this.

this is No-Limit 10$ on WPEX. .5/.10 blinds, no reads on any of the opponents.

I have AK clubs in the position one before the button but the button folded. I raise it to 1$ and get two callers. The flop comes like this:
Qc, 10c, 5h. The first guy to act goes all in, for about 9$, and the other guy calls. Between people calling the raise before the flop and folding on the flop, the pot has amassed to $26.50, and it was about 9$ for me to call. I have any J giving me the nut straight, any club giving me the nut flush, and the J of clubs guarenteeing me the win (because there is a chance someone has a set, and then the board pairs and they boat). plus, on the possibility they are donks or have AQ and couldnt lay it down, or an open end, i can spike an A or a K and win also, MAYBE.

So id say I have about 18 outs, roughly. Should I still have layed this down? Any Input appreciated, unless it is a one word sarcastic answer. Ty.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:48 PM

Default Re: A very confusing situation in 10$ NL. Take a look at this.

u cant lay this down. You have at least 12 outs 9(flush) + 3 (straight) = 12 X 2 turn and river = 24 cards that most likely take down the pot. And there are about 47 cards left in the deck. You are favorite you have to call.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:50 PM

i'm only counting half your A and K outs, because i don't think they'd be good more than half the time... that gives you 15 outs. with 2 cards to come, it looks like a pretty clear call to me. you're getting roughly 3:1 on your money and your odds are better than that.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:35 PM

[censored] yourself putting the money into the pot. The flush draw is enough to call vs. a set getting 3:1. Obviously you're way better than that so a call is trivial.