Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 02:58 PM

Default Countering a Light 3Bettor (200nl 5m)

Villain is 26/20/2.8 over 400 hands. I have a note on him being a very light 3b'er (previously caught him 3bing me with 33 outof the blinds)

We havent tangled for a long time.

Full stacked and I open $8 OTB w/ J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and he 3b's me to $26 from the BB.

I decide this is a time to put in a counter, think about simply 4bing but I instead call, looking to hopefully bluff or float post flop.

Flop Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($54)

Villain leads $35, this doesnt look like a great flop to bluff raise, as I would do that with draws but likely only flat with a Q or kk/aa. So I flat call.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($124)

Villain checks... I was planning to make a stab on the turn no matter what but have now picked up a FD... However I dont want to change my plan and check behind cos his range is still super wide and I should have a good chance to pick up this pot with a bet here...

So I opt to bet $72 of my $144 stack into the $124 pot and have to reluctently call if he crai on me.

Thoughts?
Old 10-03-2007, 03:01 PM

Default Re: Countering a Light 3Bettor (200nl 5m)

Seems pretty standard.

Edit: Maybe even think about shoving turn to max out FE. With so much already in the pot I don't think something would call the shove that would fold to the vb size.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:06 PM

I like checking behind here... still fits in with his perceptions of how you might play a big hand given action/history so makes a bluff shove on turn look reputable

I think given his stats and the action he would *definately* bet a big hand on the end so if he checks it to you perfect spot for a bluff shove IMO, esp given the action.

I think you could also shove the turn but i think it could well look like a draw given the board so you might get looked up a little easier, hence why i like checking the turn.

Old 10-03-2007, 03:07 PM

i think this is fine.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:22 PM

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] it