Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2006, 12:54 PM

Default Official HULA Rules/Sign Up

Since there is a lot of interest it makes sense to start a sign up sheet immediately. This will be the thread for sign ups.

From now on MHSH will be the official thread for HULA and i'll cross post important updates in SSSH. Mods, you can lock the other interest threads I created so not to clog the boards.

If you guys already expressed interest you still HAVE TO SIGN UP AGAIN on this thread...this way everything is in one place.

Since no one has spoken against me being commissioner then I’ll continue with the responsibility. If, in the future, people want someone else to step in as commish then I’ll step down.

I have put together some unofficial rules that have some changes from previous HULA’s. If you want to change something then make your voice heard. If you just sign up then you are agreeing to the rules that are set. I am open to suggestions while the sign ups are taking place, but after the draft the rules are final.

Entry
- If you with to participate you must sign up in this thread. In about one week from today the list will be closed and the captains will hold a draft.
- There will be a $300 dollar entry fee. $200 of this will go towards the prize pool, and $100 of this will go back to each player after they have completed all their matches. If a player does not complete his or her matches then the $100 will be given to the winning team
- Captains will receive 5% rake from each player on the team. Therefore, the captains will receive 120% of the individual prize payout and other players receive 95%.

Draft
- There will be five teams consisting of a captain and four other players.
- Captains will be picked from whomever volunteers to take this position.
- The draft will take place in an AIM chat room.

Season
- Each team has a week to play the other. At the end of the week if there are unfinished matches you have 24 hours to get me e-mailed proof you tried to contact your competition at least two times. If proof is shown, your opponent has 48 hrs to make up the match or else they forfeit. If both players agree to an extension, then this must be played within five days of the end of your scheduled week (so then you have a total of twelve days to play your match instead of seven). Extensions will only be granted by me if I see an e-mail from each player before the week is over. If any match goes past the deadline and there is not specific blame on any one party the entire match is void. There will be no exceptions to this rule
- The season will last for four weeks
- At the end of the season there will be a seven days rest period to clean up outstanding matches.
- The two teams with the best overall records go to the playoffs. In case of a tie, individual wins from all the matches will be added together with the team showing the most wins moving to the playoffs. If there is still a tie, the two captains of the tied teams will pick two other players and play a three game match in the bye week before the playoffs.

Playoffs
- The teams will have one week to play matches in the same format of the regular season.

Payouts
- 75% of the total prize pool goes to first place
- 25% of the total prize pool goes to second place
- The individual $100 per person will be returned after the playoffs have ended. Surfbullet has agreed to hold the money during the season.

These rules will be enforced. This is a big commitment, so don’t sign up if you’re not going to be able to handle playing all your matches

People have suggested that the commissioner take a small fee for the work. Since I set this up, agreed to take this responsibility, and set the rules, I feel silly saying the commissioner will take x% as a fee. I’ll leave that if people think I do a good job at the end, then tips are always welcome. This way you guys aren’t paying a fee for someone doing a bad job in the position.

If there are any rules I left out now is the time to speak.

Sign ups close Sunday, March 12th at 11:59pm PACIFIC TIME. The draft will take place either the following Monday or Tuesday.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:01 PM

Default Re: Official HULA Rules/Sign Up

I am interested in participating, but I will be on the PP Million V cruise from 12-19th...
Old 03-06-2006, 01:07 PM

I'm in.

As an FYI, I'll be gone March 9th-20th for the Party Cruise. After that, I'll be traveling a lot but I'll be back in town at least one day a week, so I can play my matches.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:13 PM

I'll play, and I'd like to be a captain.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am interested in participating, but I will be on the PP Million V cruise from 12-19th...

[/ QUOTE ]

This will quite likely be pretty common. I'm sure something can be worked out.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:16 PM

Also, 30BB is pretty low for a HU...this is like 3 big hands.

I would vote to make it 50BB at least.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll play, and I'd like to be a captain.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanna be on BZ team:P
Old 03-06-2006, 01:21 PM

Hey Perseus,

I'm interested.

In previous HULAs each team picked an alternate, in case one of the regular players for the week had other obligations - I think it would make sense to continue the "alternate" policy so that each team is 1 captain, 4 players, and 1 alt.

I may be traveling during the playoffs week, but that can be dealt with when the time arises.

Surf

Edit: I'll be a captain, if need be.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:22 PM

In.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, 30BB is pretty low for a HU...this is like 3 big hands.

I would vote to make it 50BB at least.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't sound like much, and many matches are 1 sided slaughters b/c of the nature of variance...but you'd be surprised how long it can take sometimes. There were a not-insignificant amount of matches that took hours and hours before the "stakes double after 1 hour" rule was implemented.

Surf