Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 05:02 PM

Default Re: Why I Hate Missouri -- You Should Too

[ QUOTE ]
Now I want both of them to lose this week just so next week's matchup is a big downer.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL, Robert you're pretty invested in this all of a sudden.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But the OP kind of makes it look like these two teams are playing THIS week.

[/ QUOTE ]

wait, they arent?

damn. I definitely hope they both lose now.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yes classy colleges like kansas tend to get cited for "lack of institutional control"..

i cant believe so many posters were actually influenced by this....every school has these people wtf..
\
not to mention that ku's football team is on probation

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you want to talk about lack of institutional control. "Them crackas be shakin" ring a bell?

Anyway, I'm not sure what a couple of you mean about inferiority complex. Wikipedia says they have 2 Big 12 titles in all sports, not sure what the other one is besides softball. Kansas has 17. Also, Missouri has won 2 national team titles versus 9 for Kansas. There are certainly schools that can argue about athletics superiority with Kansas, but Missouri has never been one of them.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:37 PM

A guy one year ahead of me in HS got a scholarship to play linebacker at MU. He got busted for breaking into a donut shop. They found him inside, hammered, eating donuts. That's always tickled me for some reason.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A guy one year ahead of me in HS got a scholarship to play linebacker at MU. He got busted for breaking into a donut shop. They found him inside, hammered, eating donuts. That's always tickled me for some reason.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's super retarded to break into a donut shop, given the high concentration of cops in the area.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Awesome.

A KU football player made national news when he didn't get his Chalupa at Taco Bell. He got upset and tried to crawl into the drive-thru window and got stuck there until the cops came. Pretty amazing.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF? Maybe both sides should worry about taking care of business in THIS week's games first before worrying about their big matchup with national-championship implications the following week.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a feeling Kansas won't be losing at halftime to ISU unlike some other team that is ranked above us in the human polls.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WTF? Maybe both sides should worry about taking care of business in THIS week's games first before worrying about their big matchup with national-championship implications the following week.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a feeling Kansas won't be losing at halftime to ISU unlike some other team that is ranked above us in the human polls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, look ahead game or not, I just can't fathom we lose at home to ISU while undefeated. If were playing @KSU as MU is then I'd have some concern (similar to our game @OSU this past weekend).
Old 11-14-2007, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A KU football player made national news when he didn't get his Chalupa at Taco Bell. He got upset and tried to crawl into the drive-thru window and got stuck there until the cops came. Pretty amazing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I recall Jeff Hawkins or somebody on the basketball team have a run in at McDonald's for cutting in line or something? I remember police being involved
Old 11-14-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wikipedia says they have 2 Big 12 titles in all sports, not sure what the other one is besides softball. Kansas has 17.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't seem to realize that most people don't care.
You bragging about how KU has their 17 titles as if that were somehow important makes it look like you guys are the ones with the inferiority complex.

Your football team typically hasn't been very good and this year they are and now they have a shot at the national-championship game perhaps.
There's definitely reason to be proud and to be excited.

But putting down Mizzou for every single thing they've ever done wrong while trumpeting KU's superiority because they also have a few women's swimming and x-country championships in there is incredibly ridiculous.