Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2006, 01:19 PM

Default Tricky turn spot with AQs

Hi all -- this is a hand from last night at a local card club and I would love any feedback just to see how differently you would have played it.

At this point of the night, the game was 7 - handed. The villain in the hand just left his seat at the $1-2 NL going on at the next table and sat down with about $120 -- I cover.

($1-2 NL)

Preflop: Hero is cutoff with A, Qc. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
1 fold, Villain limps UTG +1 , 1 fold, Hero raises to $10. All fold to villain who calls...

Flop: ($23.00) Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
Villain checks, Hero bets $20, Villain calls $20.

Turn: ($63.50) T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)
Villain bets $40, Hero...?
Old 01-08-2006, 01:33 PM

Default Re: Tricky turn spot with AQs

I fold. Too many hands have you beat right there.
Old 01-08-2006, 03:21 PM

Default RESULTS

Not that anyone seems to care, but here was my thinking throughout the hand...I know AQ here is pretty weak but he wouldn't have called me with a T and a pot-sized bet. If he had set of nines I figure he would have check-raised me somewhere given the nature of the board. Of course K-J is a possibility but I put him more likely on a J-X of hearts picking up extra outs on the turn.

I set him in, and he called reluctantly, letting me know I was ahead, and he missed with J-9 of hearts. I know this was practically the only hand I was ahead of, but given the way he bet, that's why I made this particular move.

Fishy, wishful thinking or well-thought out? I did know that he had just lost a buy-in and a half at the other table before sitting down with us...
Old 01-08-2006, 04:23 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

I think you got very lucky , as this was the only reasonable hand your ahead of. Tptk on a very coordinated board is pretty weak. There are much better spots to get your money in than this... Fold