Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Ravens should add:
Peyton (or Brady) 23 85.19%
Not a QB 4 14.81%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 12:23 PM

Default Re: SSNL [cheese] thread: NOV Pt 2 (nc)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
go under pokergod31534 lol. THen there will be 2 pokergods with random numbers and it will mess with pples heads hahahah

[/ QUOTE ]

i was thinking about this last night for some reason. this is a really good idea (if charliedontsurf plays a TAG game).
with similar names people might assume your the same person, and if they assume shillize is charliedontsurf they will give shizzle more respect (thinking he's TAG) and allow him to run over them even more.
but it works both ways! if they assume charliedontsurf is shillze, they will not give him respect (thinking he's LAG) and he can take them to value town with his TAG style.

edit: meta-image ftw!

[/ QUOTE ]

pa-hud will make that useless after about 30 hands
Old 11-24-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quick live poker TR:

$2/$5 game with $200 max buyin. They have a $5/$10 game with $500 max buyin but I don't really feel like swonging at 5/10 so I stick with choo-chooing the smaller game for 40bbs.

First ~2 hours: I open QJss in MP to $20, button calls (superdonk), flop Q75dd, he calls $35, turn Ax, check check, river 6x, check check, he mucks when I show.

I win no other pots where money goes in on the flop. I do open 77 to $25 at one point and superdonk calls. Flop 964ss (I have the 7s), he check-minraises my bet of $40 to $80 with about $85 more behind if I call. I say [censored] it and call intending to call AI on any turn, which is the Qd; river ace and T9o is good. Bleh. I don't know how often live donks show up with flush draws or A6 there like online donks def would. I do think that's the top of his range in that spot (he slowplays big hands on the flop) but I'm not sure how low his range gets when he does that move.

After being card dead for years (didn't get dealt a pair higher than 77 all night), tightish player opens to 25, forget if there was a limper or not. I size up his stack (~180) and make it 65 to go intending to shove pretty much any flop. He calls, it comes T75cc, I hollywood for ~15-20 seconds before shoving, he agonizes and folds. I think from a game theoretical perspective I played that pretty well, as he can lay down JJ in that spot but even if he calls he's losing G-bucks to my preflop 3b range.

I pick up AKo in the CO and overlimp behind a straddle. I did this because 95% of the time UTG straddled (the superdonk), either the button raised his straddle or UTG raised himself when folded to him (in the straddle I'd seen him jack up deuces to $60 after a few ppl limped to him and seen him re-raise 55 from $30 to $130 - and those were just the ones he showed). Sadly my evil LRR plan did not work and there's 4 or so to the flop of AQ5ss. Checked to MP, who bets $40; he donks a ton of flops so I call, everyone else folds. Turn is a brick, I call a shove for $65, A5o is good. I suck at poker.

Ages later, I open AJss to $20 and superdonk calls OTB. Flop A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I lead $35 and superdonk minraises to $70. I know my only move is to shove so I hollywood a little (I know you all prob look down on doing this but it's seriously pretty necessary in a live game) so I count off $35 from my stack and leave the remaining $200 chilling there while examining it to give off the impression that I'm only shoving because of how much is left if I call. I go all-in, he calls pretty quick, turn and river brick and AQ doesn't improve for him. I was in for $600 at this point (had been doing a lot of $100 rebuys as I slowly bled off chips and had to refuel to 40bbs) and it got my stack up to a little over $500.

The game finally gets shorthanded; my cards also start getting way better, and I start connecting with some flops but don't really get any action. I wish I could talk about some sick value bets but I really don't think many hands made it that far. Last hand of the night, we're 4 handed and had been playing with 4-5 people for about 20 minutes; was super fun, wish I could do that more. I'm in SB with KTo and complete behind two limps. 4 to the flop of J97r, checked around (I could lead but I expect to get called a lot and I'd rather call a bet and see if it gets HU and then maybe try a move on the turn if I don't improve). Turn Kx, I lead $15 into the $16 pot (lol rakeaments [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]), button (villain from my limped AKo hand) shoves for $60, I'm like bleh and puke and call cause I know I have to. River ten, and I suck out on 97o like a champ.

After that guy leaves nobody wants to play 3 handed and I was planning on taking off soon anyway since it was 3:15am, so I head out with a $60 profit. I guess it's better than the -$400 I was in for at one point, so I'll take it. But [censored] live poker, seriously, deal me aces once in a [censored] blue moon plz.

Oh, and some retard next to me who ran like $100 into $1000 by luckboxing every [censored] pot he played claimed to have folded KK preflop to superdonk after superdonk LRRed AI preflop with like $350 effective stacks. Shoot me in the [censored] head. These are the people that walk out with my money (sometimes). The way he said it I actually believed him, cause he wasn't even like bragging or anything (superdonk actually showed down JJ). And obv he showed up with like AA and QQ multiple times when I CAN'T GET A HAND GOD IT TAKES 13 HOURS OF PLAYING LIVE TO EQUAL ONE HOUR PLAYING ONLINE. Which is too bad, cause live poker is pretty fun when you aren't in the midst of a spell of waiting an hour to pick up a playable hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

why are live games so short?
Old 11-24-2007, 12:52 PM

fun trip report goof. also, i caved and bought a leggo subscrip.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:56 PM

I REALLY need to stop folding.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yea I'm seriously considering quitting CR and joining Leggo. I'm sick of hearing a random high stake player talking about how the games are changing for $20 a month.

[/ QUOTE ]

Has anybody tried out Stox? I'm also not too interested in CR lately. The CTS video was unbelievable, but their other videos have not been too hot lately - especially with the hoards of new... pros. Even BT's videos are kind of off. Really seems like he lost his confidence, interest or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the content lately has been really good. CTS, GP, and Stinger always have great vids & I liked Fabian's first vid (actually it changed the way I play tbh). I do get this feeling from BT's vids that he isn't real into it right now.

Besides that, the PLO vids along with Jackal69's vids are great considering most of us aren't good at the other games and really need to get up-to-speed . The PLO games are sooo soft on FT & Stars. I would not be surprised if you're a 6 ptBB/100 at NL100 that you could be a 10-12 ptBB/100 at PLO100...that's how weak the competition is.

Anyways, it's only $25/month. Just join both. It's like buying an extra book each month.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:12 PM

thank god for delicious succulent rakeback

poker is still a superior employment option to mcdonalds
Old 11-24-2007, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thank god for delicious succulent rakeback

poker is still a superior employment option to mcdonalds

[/ QUOTE ]

that's damning with faint praise
Old 11-24-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

you get his book. thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

No but I am in the process of arranging coaching from him, unfortunately he is very booked atm.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:50 PM

ok so I needed a break from my regular limits after a rough stretch, so I dropped down to 100nl just to take it easy and figure some things out. I figured I might as well record a session. So if anyone's interested, here's a 2-table 100nl vid I recorded yesterday.

I think I make a couple questionable plays. I got rushed towards the end and had to go back to work (lol), but there are some interesting hands. Cheers

100nl vid
Old 11-24-2007, 02:03 PM

jesus never play with 28 hours no sleep and stoned as hell. Fking hell wasted about 1200 $ putting it in wih zero equity haha.
Closed Thread