Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-29-2007, 11:38 AM

Default Re: Speed Dating

[ QUOTE ]
Speed dating is a formalized matchmaking process or dating system whose purpose is to encourage people to meet a large number of new people. (Wikipedia)

Why not just go outside? Or to college?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, you're missing the point that many people did goto college and are done with college. I attended a fastdating event and thought it was pretty good. Girls in general >>>> guys there.

It offers a good way to meet a number of people who are also looking to meet people. For those that recently relocated, don't go out much, don't have running mates to go out this offers a good chance to talk to a lot of people. As you get older (out of college) it's not as easy to meet as many people.

Go with an open mind and it might be something you enjoy doing. If not....well I'm sure you've spent a worse 2 hours. I KNOW this to be true if you watched MNF this week Pitt-Miami 3-0 thriller.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Why not just go outside? Or to college?

[/ QUOTE ]

Outside? Because it gets dark at 5pm so is harder to meet women outside when they are worried ima gonna rape them. Plus I want to meet the kind of woman that doesn't go home with random guys from bars after 15 minutes of shouty conversation (I mean I enjoy meeting that kind too, but it's getting old, or at I am).

College? I went, got my degrees, now I have a full time job somewhere without a university. It's also nowhere near where I grew up so I'm lacking all the normal networks (plus most of my friends are relocated as well so they don't have networks either).

Plus I only get worse the more time I spend on a first meeting, so having an excuse to move on after 3 minutes is perfect. I can be charming, funny, interesting, etc and know it won't wear thin [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you familiar with Tucker Max and his website, tuckermax [dot] com?

If you're not, he's an arrogant, hilarious, intelligent, alcoholic jerk who [censored] lotsa women, and writes the funniest (but oftentimes just plain WRONG) stories about it on the internet. He has a pretty funny story about the 3-minute dating thing.
Tucker Goes 3-Minute Dating, Hilarity Ensues

And of course, if you're not familiar with his website, I demand you spend 2 hours laughing your ass off and read the first ten or so of his "classic" stories.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for giving me something to do at work today.