Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2007, 11:39 AM

Default Re: Ask Me About Being a Police Officer

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We get to the powerline and start walking up the hill. We are still calling his cellphone and we can hear it off in the distance. I say, "Stop, do you hear that?" It sounded like someone was walking. We start looking around some more with the camera and listening for his cellphone. We stop again and sure enough, we hear some movement in the distance.

[/ QUOTE ]

This part of the story threw me off. He had already killed himself, so what did you guys hear moving?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure. Probably an animal, maybe a racoon, possum, porcupine, deer? Those are just guesses. There was definitely something there though.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Silly question: Do you dress up as a police officer for Halloween?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a big fan of Halloween. I personally feel that celebrating Halloween is celebrating the devil (Satan). Last year I was hanging around with this one girl and she wanted me to go out with her so I dressed up like a prisoner. Nobody really got the irony of it except the people who knew me. This year my g/f is possibly going to a party, but it'll be with her medical school classmates and so I'm kind of an outsider, so I don't know what I'm going to do. Any ideas?

To answer your question though, I probably wouldn't. I hate spending money on stupid things. Dressing up in my real uniform wouldn't be a good idea because it's too real, and the patches on it state the name of my town and so I'd have to wear my gun belt w/ gun for protection and yeah, probably not a good idea.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Silly question: Do you dress up as a police officer for Halloween?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a big fan of Halloween. I personally feel that celebrating Halloween is celebrating the devil (Satan). Last year I was hanging around with this one girl and she wanted me to go out with her so I dressed up like a prisoner. Nobody really got the irony of it except the people who knew me. This year my g/f is possibly going to a party, but it'll be with her medical school classmates and so I'm kind of an outsider, so I don't know what I'm going to do. Any ideas?

To answer your question though, I probably wouldn't. I hate spending money on stupid things. Dressing up in my real uniform wouldn't be a good idea because it's too real, and the patches on it state the name of my town and so I'd have to wear my gun belt w/ gun for protection and yeah, probably not a good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

I asked because this year I am going as a police woman (not official uniform lol) last year I went as a nurse. Halloween is so much fun so I guess LOL it must be of the devil (that was funny).

Medical school will be a lot of people dressing as corpses and doctors and nurses I am guessing, so if you want to fit in dress like that but if you want to set yourself a part I would go as a lawyer. Sounds like you will be more comfortable not dressing too out there and all you have to do to be a lawyer is dress in a suit and breifcase, and when they ask you why you are a lawyer, say you're suing them for medical mispractice. It will be cute and witty.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:51 AM

Ok, so im driving on the highway where the limit is 70mph. There is a large pack of cars easily doing 80 and anyone going any slower is basically messing up the flow of traffic. I see it as the cars that are in front or leading the pack are designating the speed. Now there is 1 state trooper car and over 10 cars that are breaking the limit. Obviously this cop can only pull over 1 person, who does he pullover and why?

Conspire
Old 11-15-2007, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, so im driving on the highway where the limit is 70mph. There is a large pack of cars easily doing 80 and anyone going any slower is basically messing up the flow of traffic. I see it as the cars that are in front or leading the pack are designating the speed. Now there is 1 state trooper car and over 10 cars that are breaking the limit. Obviously this cop can only pull over 1 person, who does he pullover and why?

Conspire

[/ QUOTE ]

None. He probably won't pull anyone over for doing 10 over, plus, if the flow of traffic is doing 80, then there is nothing he can do.

In a perfect world though, he'd pull over the woman driving in the left lane who is not going the speed of the pack and causing everyone to have to pass her on the right. She is clearly singled out as the only one breaking the law in a negligent manner as she should be in the right lane allowing everyone to pass her on the left.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In a perfect world though, he'd pull over the woman driving in the left lane who is not going the speed of the pack and causing everyone to have to pass her on the right. She is clearly singled out as the only one breaking the law in a negligent manner as she should be in the right lane allowing everyone to pass her on the left.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just got moist. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2007, 02:23 AM

Well the reason I asked that is because I was in that situation recently and I was the last car in the pack. I got pulled over and was issued a ticket for going 77 in a 70.

Conspire
Old 11-15-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well the reason I asked that is because I was in that situation recently and I was the last car in the pack. I got pulled over and was issued a ticket for going 77 in a 70.

Conspire

[/ QUOTE ]

Plead not guilty and argue that that is no way he could have determined that you were negligent/intentionally breaking the law. If you were going the speed of the pack, and if you were behind everyone, then he couldn't have gotten your speed.

I am in a hurry, but if you want me to clarify some more, let me know.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Conspire

[/ QUOTE ]

He just got you because you were easiest, which is what generally happens
diddyeinstein
Old 11-16-2007, 09:13 PM

Awesome thread man, thanks.

If you were approached by a lone guy who was bigger than you, and you were sure he was coming at you to assault you for whatever reason, what would be your immediate reaction? What if he was visibly unarmed vs. holding a beer bottle vs. holding a knife?

Is there some kind of code of procedure that dictates how you are to react in a situation like this (ie. where exactly would you use a gun or lesser weapon)?