Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 11-30-2007, 07:23 AM

Default Re: Massive $140,000 chip dump on Ongame

Ok - you wasn't playing devil's advocate and you really are that dumb.

You are ok with drug dealing, prostitution and terrorism is not a problem.

I will not waste my time communicating with you again. Sometimes you must give up on a lost cause. I hope you don't learn the lesson the hard way. Peace be with you.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:40 AM

Hi 2+2 community,

When you see incidents such as the one described in this thread occur, please peruse our new Ombudsman service (www.theongamezone.com) and report it right away.
This way we can respond as quickly as possible, keep you in the loop and aviod confusion.

We try and keep an eye out in all major poker forums, but since we have now established this point-of-contact, we kindly ask that you use it to help us aware of what threads that require our input.

Now the incident in question is not related to any fraudulent activity, account hacking or similar. We have the situation under control and as with all cases of chip dumping, the involved accounts will be severely scrutinized. But in this case it is fairly easy for us to conclude that this does not stem from fraud.

But chip dumping regardless of reason is of course still a violation of our and our partners rules.

Should any of you like to pursue this further feel free to contact us and we'll do our best to ease any further concerns you may have.

Thank you all for keeping such a vigilant eye on our and our partners operations.

Sincerely,

Ombudsman
Ongame Network
----------------------
www.theongamezone.com
Old 11-30-2007, 08:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
99.9% of chip dumping is money laundering. Illegally obtained funds are transferred around from player to player until the dumping is so complex you cannot trace who has legally or illegally ended up with the money. The “dirty” money is laundered until it is “clean”. Hence the term “money laundering”.

Most of money laundering activity involves drugs, prostitution and most dangerously of all terrorism. It is the duty of every law abiding citizen to report suspicious activity so it can be investigated fully.

[/ QUOTE ]
So people are dumping chips to pay for hookers and blow?

I suspect (with no real data to back it up) the large majority of chip dumps are people innocently, but foolishly trying to move money around without going through the proper channels. People paying debts, staking other players, moving money to alternate accounts - that type of thing.

The problem is that some (what percentage, I don't know) of these chip dumps aren't innocent. They are people defrauding the poker site or stealing from its players. We should be aware and report chip dumping to protect each other from theft.

And if Rek reports the chip dumping to save the world from drugs, prostitution, and terrorism I guess that's OK too.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And if Rek reports the chip dumping to save the world from drugs, prostitution, and terrorism I guess that's OK too.

[/ QUOTE ]
Such innocence – it must be nice to live in your little world.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi 2+2 community,

When you see incidents such as the one described in this thread occur, please peruse our new Ombudsman service (www.theongamezone.com) and report it right away.
This way we can respond as quickly as possible, keep you in the loop and aviod confusion.

We try and keep an eye out in all major poker forums, but since we have now established this point-of-contact, we kindly ask that you use it to help us aware of what threads that require our input.

Now the incident in question is not related to any fraudulent activity, account hacking or similar. We have the situation under control and as with all cases of chip dumping, the involved accounts will be severely scrutinized. But in this case it is fairly easy for us to conclude that this does not stem from fraud.

But chip dumping regardless of reason is of course still a violation of our and our partners rules.

Should any of you like to pursue this further feel free to contact us and we'll do our best to ease any further concerns you may have.

Thank you all for keeping such a vigilant eye on our and our partners operations.

Sincerely,

Ombudsman
Ongame Network
----------------------
www.theongamezone.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Good to hear this response....I guess it was just some guy looking to get his $140,000 to another skin (maybe so he could then go buy drugs, guns and prostitutes...:P )
Old 11-30-2007, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Good to hear this response....I guess it was just some guy looking to get his $140,000 to another skin (maybe so he could then go buy drugs, guns and prostitutes...:P )

[/ QUOTE ]

You say that like it's a bad thing! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2007, 05:53 PM

I saw the chipdumping too
Old 11-30-2007, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I win. You snitches are a bunch of paranoid douches.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:14 PM

Based on the information I have this probably just a situation where someone won a big tourney and was frustrated at not being able to withdraw a large portion of it in a prompt manner. If so, then dumb yes criminal no and I would hope the community here would support a reasonable resolution by Ongame. We all need to stick together because we are all subject to have a bad day.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:29 AM

This has been a complete misunderstanding.

I'm Callum Ford on Mansion Poker. Brendo_8 is a good friend of mine and as some of you may have already known he won the "GT" on Pokeroom this week. Obviously he wanted to cash out a large portion of this money and after speaking with Pokeroom we decided the best option to withdraw such a some of money was to transfer it to me. I have been successful on mansion poker in the past and the withdraw method is easy and efficient. I am able to receive a bank wire straight into my bank account and the money is recieved within days. Alternatviely, Brendan (Brendo_8 on Pokeroom) would have only been able to withdraw 10k at a time and each cheque takes 21 days to clear upon receival at the bank. Obviously this is a long process for him and we felt the best way was for him to simply transfer the money to me and I can just move the money into his bank account once I receive it.

Ongame doesn't have player transfers so we simply went to a private table in order for him to move the money. Obviously we were unaware this was not proper practice.

We are both very anxious (to say the least) right now as my mansion account has been blocked and his pokeroom account has been blocked.

The point has been further discussed at this forum:
http://www.pokertips.org/forums/showthread.php?t=53666

I apologize if links to other sites are not to be posted but this is where we discovered the matter had been made public (we are both members there).

-Callum Ford